3 men indicted for Groves gun safe burglary with jamming device

Published 12:18 am Saturday, June 8, 2024

Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

GROVES — Three Houston men reportedly caught stealing a gun safe and using a device to jam police radio signals were indicted this week.

The charges are in relation to a May 8 break-in.

Jaider Quinones-Riascos, 31, of Houston and Jonathan Zuniga-Bravo, 39, a Houston transient, were indicted by a Jefferson County grand jury this week, and Pedro Henry, 29, of Houston was indicted last week.

Subscribe to our free email newsletter

Get the latest news sent to your inbox

Groves Police Department officers were called at approximately 11:33 p.m. May 8 to the 3700 block of Debbie Avenue for a possible burglary in progress involving multiple suspects.

When officers arrived they saw two men in a field and a short foot chase occurred.

They men were apprehended and identified as Henry and Zuniga-Bravo, according to a probable cause affidavit.

Officers located a blue-and-black bag in the field where the men were running and inside was a gray device later determined to be a wi-fi-jamming device used to jam police radio signals.

Police arriving at the home on Debbie Avenue reportedly found a Dodge Durango backed into the driveway with a large gun safe loaded in the back of the truck.

Officers called in a K9 unit to assist and after the tracking was done, officers were walking across 39th Street when a Nissan SUV came close to striking the officers. The driver was asked to stop via hand signal and police believed the driver might be a suspect in the crime.

The man, later identified as Quinones-Riascos, said he was Columbian, and a Spanish-speaking officer was called.

Quinones-Riascos claimed to be a contractor working at a nearby house, but police noted he did not appear dirty from work.

While speaking with Quinones-Riascos, officers noted the GPS information had the Debbie Avenue address and the call log showed the name Jonathan that matched one of the first two suspects.

A phone seized from one of the other men had a call from someone listed as J.Q., which matches the initials of Jaider Quinones-Riascos, according to the document.

All three men were arrested and remain in the county jail on multiple charges.