Several local teachers among those selected for grants
Published 12:22 am Thursday, March 16, 2023
The Beaumont Foundation of America on Wednesday announced the 16 recipients of the Wayne A. Reaud Excellence in Education Award.
Since 2009 the Foundation has recognized superior teachers whose dedication and leadership inspire both students and fellow educators. The awards provide public acclaim and financial rewards to these teachers who are furthering excellence in education throughout Southeast Texas.
Wayne A. Reaud, Chairman of the Board, said, “Education is the key to a better future and great teachers are the key to education. Our winners are outstanding representatives of excellence in education.”
The recipients were first nominated by campus committees. The winners are selected by the Beaumont Foundation and will be honored at a May 16 awards banquet. Each will receive $10,000 in recognition of exemplary contribution to the lives of their students.
This year’s recipients are:
- Judy Brownlie, Bridge City Intermediate School, Bridge City ISD
- Beverly Dean, Newton Elementary School, Newton ISD
- Randee Hodgkins, Sallie Curtis Elementary School, Beaumont ISD
- Ashley Lofton, Port Neches Elementary School, Port Neches-Groves ISD
- Jenny McLaughlin, China Elementary School, Hardin-Jefferson ISD
- Kayla D. Conner, Woodville Middle School, Woodville ISD
- Charles M. Dodson, Groves Middle School, Port Neches-Groves ISD
- Miste Tyner Henderson, Marshall Middle School, Beaumont ISD
- Robbi Hussey, CO Wilson Middle School, Nederland ISD
- Karen L. Key, Kountze Middle School, Kountze ISD
- Michele Lee Moss, Vidor Junior High School, Vidor ISD
- Tiffany Linh Nguyen, West Brook High School, Beaumont ISD
- Vicky Hartt, Nederland High School, Nederland ISD
- Elizabeth Wernig LeBoeuf, Little Cypress-Mauriceville High School, Little Cypress-Mauriceville CISD
- Stefanie Wright, Lumberton High School, Lumberton ISD
- Teri Wolfe, Buna High School, Buna ISD