Help us celebrate local students receiving Motiva Excellence in Education Scholarships
Published 12:12 am Thursday, June 4, 2020
Motiva Enterprises is awarding scholarship funds totaling $180,000 to 40 high school graduates from Southeast Texas.
Recipients of the Motiva Excellence in Education Scholarship will receive funds to aid in their pursuit of a science, technology, engineering and math degree, or business-related undergraduate, associate’s or vocational degree.
Scholarship recipients are selected based on academic achievements, extracurricular activities, community service and teacher recommendations in partnership with local school districts.
Recipients from Mid- and South County, along with their chosen fields of study, include:
- Bob Hope School: Ernesto Alvarez, process operating technology; Vicky Longoria, biochemistry; Luis Torres, business administration; Andrea Ochoa, business; Citlali Sanchez, business;
- Memorial High School: Elyssia Thomas, nursing; Yesenia Jasmin Jazmine Alvarez, computer science; Ahtziry Benitez, biology; Jazmine Cabrera, business management; Raymond Galvan, chemical engineering; Emanuel Lopez, welding; Jenna Khuu, chemical engineering; Alaya Riles, nursing; Sammy Sosa, engineering;
- Nederland High School: Colton Jackson, business; Taryn Hopper, nursing; Rafael Gutierrez, engineering;
- Tekoa Academy: Landon Ardoin, instrumentation; Breiyon Chappell, welding technology; Haven Abraham, nursing; Camron Benjamin, criminal justice;
- Port Neches-Groves High School: Jett Davis, biology/STEM; Rachel Garin, biology/STEM; Cade Latiolais, instrumentation technology; Jacob McCutcheon, business; Jake Plante, chemical engineering; Kacey Smith, nursing; Kendall Holman, ocean engineering; Santiago Agudelo, engineering;
- Sabine Pass High School: Karen Magana, nursing.