Nederland, Groves & Port Neches restrict large gatherings through emergency orders
The mayors of Nederland, Groves and Port Neches are issuing emergency orders in regard to coronavirus concerns.
City officials said the order came based on the most recent information received from city emergency management personnel, public health authorities and the State of Texas.
• Events greater than 50 persons shall cease at all public facilities in the city;
• Any event greater than 50 persons held at private facilities is urged to cancel but those who are conducting such events should make those determinations within their organizations and with staff of those facilities to adequately protect the public;
• Events of 50 persons or more that would include any population with compromised health conditions or who are at severe risk of severe illness should cease. The population at the greatest risk is anyone over the age at 65 and/or those with severe medical conditions as defined by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines;
• Senior Citizens Centers shall be closed effective March 19;
• City Libraries shall be closed effective immediately;
• City Recreation Centers shall be closed effective immediately.
This order takes effect immediately and extends for a minimum of seven days and may be extended as needed.
PORT NECHES — The Port Neches-Groves Independent School District is making moves to put an e-learning educational system in place,... read more