Brick Oven Pizza Company coming to Port Neches
PORT NECHES — Brick Oven Pizza is coming to Port Neches.
Port Neches Economic Development Corporation approved an expenditure not to exceed $100,000 to Brick Oven Pizza Company of Port Neches Inc. at their Jan. 28 meeting.
State statute requires the city council to approve the expenditure, and Port Neches City Council is set to hold the first of two readings of the resolution at the 4 p.m. meeting Thursday at city hall, 1005 Merriman St. in Port Neches.
The second reading of the resolution will be at the Feb. 13 meeting.
City Manager Andre Wimer said the new restaurant would locate at 2701 Nall St.
“Previously this was a service station, and the property owner had removed the building and the new building will be constructed on the same site,” Wimer said.
The EDC money will go towards the construction and things that will stay with the building as opposed to items such as furniture or fixtures.
Wimer said the owner is prepared to move forward as quickly as possible and signed a 10-year lease with the property owner.
In other business, the council will discuss and possibly approve a 2020 street projects.
“Staff proposed a list of chip seal work for this year for the council to consider,” Wimer said.
Staff annually makes the list of streets to be chip sealed based on roadway condition, usage, coordination or conflict with other infrastructure projects, etc., according to information from the city.
The work will be done with assistance from Jefferson County Precinct 2 personnel and equipment and includes approximately three miles of streets.
- Walnut from Port Neches Avenue to the dead end
- Canal from Maple to Sycamore
- Maple from Port Neches Avenue to Canal
- Oak from Port Neches Avenue to Canal
- Pecan from Port Neches Avenue to Canal
- Sycamore from Port Neches Avenue to Pine
- East Cypress from Port Neches Avenue to Central
- Orchard from Port Neches Avenue to FM 366
- Hess from Merriman to West dead end
- Riffle from Merriman to Wood
- Wood from Riffle to Lee Avenue
- Riley from Wood to Merriman
- New from Merriman to FM 365
- Vendor Road
- Rachford from Grigsby to Dearing
- Rue Beausoleil from Grigsby to north dead end
- Alleys on Port Neches Avenue
- Katie from Block to Deiu
- Williams from Eighth Street to Port Neches Avenue
PORT NECHES — Iguana Joe’s opened for business in May 1996 in Mont Belvieu, extending its casual Tex-Mex infusion to... read more