PNGISD reminds parents of traffic changes with school resumption Tuesday
Published 5:01 pm Monday, December 2, 2019
Port Neches-Groves Independent School District Assistant Superintendent Julie Gauthier released statements regarding the resumption of classes Tuesday morning.
With regard to traffic:
- Please note that 366 and Sara Jane Road are closed to through traffic.
- The best route to Port Neches schools is Twin City Highway.
- You can take Twin City Highway to Saba, Merriman or Nall.
- Please note the intersection of Merriman and Magnolia is a four-way stop at this time.
- Bus drivers are aware of all traffic changes. They may be a little off schedule, but rest assured your child will be picked up as normal.
“PNGISD is eagerly awaiting our students arrival [Tuesday] morning,” Gauthier said. “During this time of Thanksgiving we have definitely realized just how much we have to be thankful for. As always, our students and staff safety are our top priority.
“The district has completed assessments by structural engineers, air safety technicians and restoration services on ALL PNGISD campuses both inside and out. This includes walking all fields, inspecting and cleaning all buses, cleaning classrooms, cleaning playground equipment, testing air quality, etc.
“We know this has been a traumatic event for our PNGISD family, please contact your campus counselor and/or principal if you have any specific needs or concerns regarding your child.”