Foster care, adoption meetings scheduled
Published 12:03 am Saturday, July 20, 2019
Nonprofit Buckner International is hosting free informational meetings in Southeast Texas on foster care and adoption. Meeting locations include Beaumont, Port Arthur, Nederland and Sour Lake and will provide more information about the process of becoming a foster parent or adopting through Buckner.
The Texas Department of Family and Protective Services says there are more than 34,000 Texas children in foster care, creating a great need for more foster parents and adoptive parents. Buckner International works to meet this need by educating the community and equipping current and prospective parents with the resources needed to provide safe and loving homes for vulnerable children.
In 2018, Buckner oversaw the care of nearly 1,500 children in foster care in Texas and internationally and placed about 120 children with permanent adoptive families in Texas.
The scheduled, hourlong meetings for the rest of 2019 are:
- Aug. 12, 5:30 p.m., Buckner Children and Family Services, 9055 Manion Drive, Beaumont.
- Aug. 15, 4 p.m., Port Arthur Public Library, 4615 Ninth Ave., Port Arthur.
- Aug. 19, 4 p.m., Marion and Ed Hughes Library, 2712 Nederland Ave., Nederland.
- Aug. 27, 5 p.m., Alma M. Carpenter Library, 300 S. Ann St.; Sour Lake.
- Sept. 9, 5:30 p.m., Buckner Children and Family Services.
- Oct. 14, 5:30 p.m., Buckner Children and Family Services.
- Nov. 11, 5:30 p.m., Buckner Children and Family Services.
- Dec. 9, 5:30 p.m., Buckner Children and Family Services.
Direct questions to Cameka Hart at 409-866-0976 or CHart@Buckner.org.
Special to The News