Hearing set for Trinity Family Mentoring
A public hearing will be held from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. July 24 at 530 Waco Ave. to receive comments on a proposed youth emergency care residential operation to be built at 601 Fifth St. managed by Trinity Family Mentoring LLC.
Trinity Family Mentoring is a privately owned company.
The proposed facilities are intended to protect the lives, health and well-being of 7-36 children affected by child abuse and neglect in the Southeast Texas area and represent the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services Region 5-Beaumont or any region that may need assistance with youth across the state of Texas. Services include:
- Adequate housing and space
- A safe environment to grow
- Necessary life skills training (Example; keeping good hygiene)
- Access to education and public school system
- Nutritional programs
- Access to community and recreational activities that fit a child’s age group.
- Access to medical facilities as needed
- Access to 24-hour care and transportation to receive services and care.
- Access and transportation to participate in religious activities and services.
All persons interested are invited to attend this hearing. Written comments may be submitted to Ashley Hafford, licensing inspector, 3105 Executive Blvd., 409-201-3229.
Special to The News