Religion announcements 6-15-19
- The Golden Triangle Voices of Brotherhood will host its Annual Scholarship Musical at 7 p.m. June 21 at Strong Tower Ministries, 5100 25th St. The Golden Triangle Voices of Brotherhood Chorus will perform as well as special guest psalmists. Enjoy an evening of praise and help high school graduates in their pursuit of post-secondary education. Admission is free to the public.
- Charlotte’s Cupboard will be open from 9 a.m. to noon June 22 at Christian Faith Missionary Baptist Church, 1919 Jefferson Drive.
- The Alpha & Omega Women of Faith will meet at 6 p.m. June 22 at American Best Value Inn, 7440 Memorial Blvd. The theme is “Tag Team the Devil.” Speakers will be the Rev. Leona Nell Paul of Paradise Baptist Church in Beaumont and the Rev. Chandra Sennetta of Yes Jesus Cares Ministries. For more information call Cynthia Jackson at 409-736-2563.
- Historic Israel Chapel African Methodist Episcopal Church, 948 Texas Ave., will be celebrating their 115th church anniversary at 11 a.m. June 23. The theme is “Celebrating 115 Years of Proclaiming the Great Commission,” taken from Matthew 28:18-19. The guest preacher will be the Rev. Ralph Martin, retired and former pastor of Israel church.
- St. Paul United Methodist Church, 821 Freeman Ave., will host Vacation Bible School June 24-June 28. The weeklong adventure is for ages 1-100 and the theme is “Who Do You Say I Am?” Classes will be in the education building. For more information call 985-9977.
- Zion Hill Missionary Baptist Church, 5848 Roosevelt, Ave., will host Vacation Bible School from 6 to 7:30 p.m. June 26-28. For more information, call 409-293-9986.
Religion announcements must be submitted by 5 p.m. Thursday to appear in the Saturday publication. Announcements may be e-mailed to email@example.com or sent to Port Arthur News, 2349 Memorial Blvd. Please provide a contact number to The News in case questions arise.
CAMERON PARISH, Louisiana — Poland’s President Andrzej Duda stood at a podium at Cheniere’s Sabine Pass Terminal in Louisiana in... read more