YMBL South Texas State Fair comes to town
Published 7:12 pm Wednesday, March 29, 2017
The time for food, fun, rodeos and rides is upon Southeast Texas once more as the 74th Annual South Texas State Fair comes to Beaumont.
The Fair, presented by YMBL, starts today with opening ceremonies at 5:30 p.m. The fair proper opens at 6 p.m. after that.
Kids 2 and under get in for free; children 3-12 pay $4; adults 13-64 pay $8; and senior citizens 65 and over pay $4 for tickets. Parking is free.
The Fair will be held from March 30 to April 9 at Ford Park Arena on 5115 I-10 South in Beaumont.
Ticket specials are as follows:
- Thursday: Admission is free to anyone who attends Opening Ceremonies. Carnival Americana Midway offers an unlimited ride wristband for $35 before 9 p.m.
- Saturday: Children 17 and under get in for free from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. for Kid’s Day. Carnival Americana Midway offers an unlimited ride wristband for $35 before 9 p.m.
- Sunday: Get in for free when you bring six non-perishable can foods for donation. Carnival Americana Midway offers an unlimited ride wristband for $35 before 9 p.m.
- Monday: Get in for $1 when you present a coupon, courtesy of Koch Pipeline, from area Neches Federal Credit Union locations. Additionally, ride prices will be $2 all evening on the Carnival Americana Midway.
- Tuesday: Get in for $2 when you present a coupon from the YMBL site (http://www.ymbl.org/events/2017/tuesday-404—200-tuesday-night) at the gate. Please print and bring the coupon to qualify. Additionally, ride prices will be $2 all evening on the Carnival Americana Midway.
- Wednesday: Get in for free when you present a coupon from Education First site (https://www.educationfirstfcu.org/about-us/education-first-family-fun-night?utm_source=YMBL&utm_medium=YMBL%20website&utm_campaign=SETX%20Fair) at the gate. It also makes one eligible for $15 wristband purchases.
- Thursday: Get in for free if you are an active, retired, reserve military, National Guard, disabled veteran, or active First Responders with your dependents. A valid military I.D., badge, or valid first responder I.D. must be shown.
- April 9: Get in for free if you bring an empty “six-pack” of Coca-Cola or Dr. Pepper cans. This will also make you eligible for a $25 wristband purchase.
The Fair’s opening hours are as follows:
- Thursday at 6 p.m. (Be sure to attend the opening ceremonies to get in for free!)
- Friday at 5 p.m.
- Saturday at 10 a.m.
- Sunday at noon
- Monday through Friday at 5 p.m.
- April 8: 10 a.m.
- April 9: noon
The Carnival will remain open based on carnival attendance.
For a full list of activities, services and more, please visit their website at: www.ymbl.org.