Baby treated for poisoning
A 1-year-old Port Arthur child is undergoing treatment after her bottle came into contact with a poisonous substance on Sunday.
Port Arthur Police responded to The Medical Center of Southeast Texas around 3:32 a.m. Dec. 4 where they were told that the mother of the child had taken her to a friend’s home the night before.
While at the friend’s home, the baby was given a bottle that apparently came into contact with a poisonous substance, according to a press release from the Port Arthur Police Department.
The child began to shake and cry and the mother called EMS and the child was transported to The Medical Center.
After the baby was stabilized, she was transferred to Texas Children’s Hospital for further treatment.
The baby is listed in stable condition and police are investigating the poisoning.