Holly Days holiday fund drive total: $7,250
- Wheelhouse restaurant owners and staff, $1,000
- American Legion Rudolph Lambert Post #7 in memory of our members who passed away this year. Post, 409-983-6931; Bingo, 409-983-3602, $1,000
- Charles Bond in memory of Diana Eunice Bond, $1,000
- Carlita Zummo in memory of Mildred and Earl Conley and Vincent Conley and “Zip” Zummo and Guy Howard Zummo and in honor of Candice Zummo, $1,000
- In memory of Paul R. Bradley, Herbert Hamilton and Barbara Hamilton, $1,000
- The Schooner Restaurant family and staff, $1,000
- In memory of Sam M. Durso and our departed loved ones, Sondra, Steve, Mark, Kelly, Delanie and Jake Durso, $500
- Floyd and Ann Marceaux, $250
- In memory of Capt. R.E. Respess, $500
How to donate
Holly Days and Jingle Bear are seeking donations for the holiday fund drive co-sponsored by The Port Arthur News, the Rotary Club of Port Arthur and the Retail Merchants Association.
Names of all donors of $1 or more will be printed in The Port Arthur News on a regular basis, along with a short notation such as the donation being made in the memory of someone. Names of Platinum Club donors — individuals or businesses who donate $1,000 or more — will be listed each day from then their gift is received until the end of the drive on Jan. 1. Names of Gold Club members, those do donate $250 or more, will be published each Sunday during the fund drive.
The money donated to the Holly Days fund will be distributed by the Rotary Club of Port Arthur to local agencies that meet the basic needs of people in our area who need help and are accountable for the money they spend. All the money donated will be given to local agencies, there is no administrative overhead.
All contributions should be mailed to Holly Day Fund, c/o Retail Merchants Association, 3830 FM 365, Port Arthur, Texas 77642.