Send items to email@example.com or to Port Arthur News, 2349 Memorial Blvd., Port Arthur, Texas 77640.
- “Harvest of Hope,” a festival with local vendors selling everything from arts and crafts to books, jewelry, Tupperware, Scentsy, and hot links, will take place at the United Methodist Temple, 4101 Highway 73, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Oct. 24. Everyone is invited. Sponsored by the church’s United Methodist Women Circle, the festival is features a wide variety of vendors. Featured will be baked goods, essential oils, jewelry, and other items, said Sybil Baker, president. Additional vendors may apply with the Harvest of Hope application on the church’s website,umt.org.
- Westside Neighborhood Association will host a Fall Festival will be from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 31, at Booker T. Washington Park. If it rains the event will be held in the gym at Sacred Heart Church. Bring the kids to enjoy a costume extravaganza. Entertainment, giveaways, community resource fair are on the agenda.
- The 14th Annual Tailgate Trick-or-Treat Festival at Holy Cross Lutheran Church – 2711 Helena Avenue – Nederland (across from CO Wilson Middle School and Helena Park Elementary), will be Halloween Night @6-8 p.m. inside the Family Life Center. Children of all ages and their families are invited for lots of candy. Free bottled water and free popcorn will also be provided.
- Nederland Chamber of Commerce and Tourist Bureau “Trunk-R-Treat,” 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 31, on Boston Avenue in front of the Windmill.
- Magnolia Assembly of God Church, 2215 Nall St. in Port Neches, will hold Trunk or Treat from 6-7:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 31, “rain or shine.” The event will feature lots of candy, free link and drink, and door prizes.
- Christian Faith Missionary Baptist Church will have a church picnic/fall fest at 11 a.m. on Saturday, Oct. 31 at Rose Hill Park.