Fire forces closure at Beaumont’s Fletcher Elementary

Published 11:20 am Friday, May 29, 2015

BEAUMONT — An office fire caused by an overheated extension cord at Fletcher Elementary School in Beaumont led to the cancellation of classes on Friday.
Beaumont Fire Rescue responded to the Fletcher Elementary School, 1055 Avenue F, shortly after 6 a.m. where a custodian had discovered smoke in the building and also reported a sprinkler activation, according to a press release from Beaumont Fire Department.
Once inside, firefighters found there had been a fire in one of the offices. The sprinkler system had extinguished the fire which was contained to the one office but there was smoke throughout the building and water in a large area.
The fire forced classes to be canceled for the day.

Subscribe to our free email newsletter

Get the latest news sent to your inbox