Port Arthur man dies in Houston flood
Published 4:20 pm Thursday, May 28, 2015
HOUSTON — The recent deadly flooding in Houston claimed the life of a Port Arthur man.
The body of Jose Yebra-Ibarra, 31, of Port Arthur was found about 100 feet from his vehicle on the Westpark Tollway. His truck appeared to have been submerged in high flood waters, Tricia Bentley, spokesperson for the Harris County Medical Examiners Office, said.
Six persons died in Houston flood waters during the historical flooding.
Other victims include:
• Dennis Lee Callihan, 65, whose vehicle stalled during the flood and was seen pushing the vehicle. He was found deceased shortly thereafter.
• Nihad Jeries Konsul, 64. She was found submerged in a pickup truck.
• Shirley Alter, 85, believed to be a passenger of an Houston Fire Department boat rescue that capsized during high waters in Brays Bayou.
• Christopher Nicholas Kirby, 35, was found in his SUV after the vehicle was towed out of high flood waters.
• Anh Phan Nguyen, 50, believed to be another passenger of the HFD boat rescue that capsized.