Groves Police calls, April 29 through May 5
Published 1:27 pm Friday, May 8, 2015
Groves Police responded to the following calls from April 29 through May 5
Wednesday, April 29
• An assault was reported in the 5200 block of East Parkway.
• A 32-inch TV, tablet, PS4, cell phone and electronic games were stolen from a house in the 2600 block of Second Avenue.
• A 19-year-old male was arrested on outstanding warrants after a traffic stop in the 3500 block of East Parkway.
• An assault was reported in the 6900 block of Washington.
Thursday, April 30
• Seats were stolen from a boat parked in the 6500 block of 39th Street.
• A 35-year-old male was arrested on outstanding warrants after a traffic stop in the 5900 block of West Washington.
• A 22-year-old male was arrested for possession of a controlled substance after a traffic stop in the 2600 block of Main.
• An assault report was made in the 1900 block of Perry.
Friday, May 1
• A purse was stolen from a vehicle parked in the 7100 block of Willowoak. An item was thrown through a window of the vehicle to gain entry.
• A 33-year-old male was arrested for driving while intoxicated in the 5000 block of 39th Street.
• A City of Groves garbage can was stolen from the 4600 block of Lawndale.
• A disturbance and assault were reported in the 6300 block of Verde.
• A 9mm Sig Sauer semi-automatic handgun was stolen from a vehicle in the 4700 block of Harrison.
• A criminal trespass warning notice was issued in the 6400 block of Val.
Saturday, May 2
• A 21-year-old female and a 44-year-old female were arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia and possession or ingestion of certain prohibited substances in the 5200 block of East Parkway.
• A mental commitment was processed.
• A 62-year-old female was arrested for assault by threat in the 3600 block of Taft.
Sunday, May 3
• An orange and white Steniz yard blower was stolen from the 5000 block of Sunken Court by a male driving a white Mazda.
• A Sony Playstation 4 was stolen from a house in the 5000 block of Cleveland.
• A 33-year-old male was arrested for driving while license suspended in the 6800 block of Gulfway Drive.
• A 38-year-old female was arrested in the 3800 block of East Parkway on outstanding warrants after a traffic stop.
Monday, May 4
• A criminal trespass warning notice was issued to a person in the 4600 block of Wilson.
• A juvenile was reported as a runaway.
• A house in the 2600 block of Second Avenue was damaged by an unknown vehicle that left the scene.
• A vehicle parked in the 6200 block of 32nd Street was struck by another vehicle that left the scene.
• A 2004 Honda Shadow 750 motorcycle was stolen from the 5200 block of Twin City Highway.
Tuesday, May 5
• A Pioneer Radio, speakers, medication were stolen from a vehicle in the 3200 block of Taft. Damage was done to the dashboard and a flat screen TV and a Blackberry phone were damaged.
• Class “C” theft and a criminal trespass warning was issued to a 25-year-old female by a business in the 5000 block of 32nd Street.
• Two backpacks, binders, an English book and a library book, total value of more than $150, were stolen from a vehicle in the 2400 block of Nottingham.
• A backpack valued at $50 was stolen from a vehicle in the 6200 block of Dave.
• A 26-year-old male was arrested for public intoxication in the 6800 block of Manchester after a call of a suspicious vehicle.
• A 37-year-old male was arrested for driving while license invalid in the 5500 block of East Parkway.
TIP OF THE WEEK
Even while parked on your own property — it is important to lock your vehicle at all times and keep valuables out of sight.
SOURCE: Groves Police Department offense reports