Groves Police calls, Jan. 8 through Jan. 14
Published 9:42 am Thursday, January 16, 2014
Groves Police responded to the following calls from Jan. 8 through Jan. 14
Wednesday, Jan. 8
• A 39-year-old male was arrested for possession of marijuana and two people were arrested for unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon after a traffic stop in the 2000 block of Main.
• A juvenile runaway was recovered in the 5300 block of Gulfway Drive.
• A 52-year-old male was arrested for driving while intoxicated in the 6400 block of 39th Street.
• Criminal mischief to a vehicle was reported in the 5200 block of Gulf. Someone made several punctures to a wheel on a vehicle parked there.
Thursday, Jan. 9
• Cash and personal papers were stolen from a vehicle parked in the 4400 block of Gulf.
• Someone broke windows on two vehicles to gain entry and stole purses that contained cash in the 4400 block of Gulf.
• Three vehicles were broken into and several items were stolen in the 4900 block of Twin City Highway.
• A 24-year-old male was arrested for public intoxication after officers were called to a disturbance in the 6300 block of Gulfway Drive.
• Someone broke a window to gain entry to a vehicle parked in the 6200 block of Warren and stole a purse.
• A window on a vehicle parked in the 6200 block of Warren was broken. Nothing appeared to be missing.
• A shoplifting was reported in the 5000 block of 32nd Street.
• A propane tank was stolen off of a fork lift in the 5200 block of 39th Street.
• Fishing equipment was stolen from a boat parked in the 6400 block of Verde.
• An unknown item broke a vehicle windshield while the vehicle was in motion in the 5400 block of Grant.
• Unauthorized charges were made to a debit card account.
• A 39-year-old male was arrested on outstanding Port Arthur Police Department warrants after officers were called about an intoxicated pedestrian in the 4500 block of Twin City Highway.
• A disturbance was reported in the 5100 block of East Parkway. The two people involved in the disturbance were charged with leaving a child unattended in a vehicle.
• Jewelry was stolen from a residence in the 4800 block of Beaumont.
Friday, Jan. 10
• A city of Groves garbage can was stolen from the 6600 block of Taylor.
• Two people were arrested on outstanding Port Arthur Police Department warrants after officers were called about a suspicious vehicle in the 4800 block of Simpson.
• An assault was reported in the 3800 block of Stuart.
• Three cables were stolen from the 6700 block of Hogaboom.
• A 19-year-old male was arrested for public intoxication in the 2600 block of Angie.
• Criminal mischief was reported when someone threw eggs on the front of a house in the 6300 block of Monroe.
Saturday, Jan. 11
• A 24-year-old female was arrested for driving while intoxicated in the 2600 block of Main.
• A disturbance was reported in the 3100 block of Ash.
• Forged checks were passed at a business in the 3300 block of Cleveland.
• Jewelry and a computer were stolen after someone broke into a house in the 3400 block of Canal.
• Medication was stolen from the 6700 block of 32nd Street.
• Eggs were thrown on a vehicle parked in the 4400 block of Boyd.
• Glass doors on a house in the 6200 block of Jackson were broken.
Sunday, Jan. 12
• Unauthorized transactions were made on a debit card account.
• A shoplifting was reported in the 5000 block of Twin City Highway.
Monday, Jan. 13
• A 21-year-old male was arrested on an outstanding Port Neches Police Department warrant in the 6000 block of West Washington.
• Entry was made into a house in the 5500 block of Baird. Nothing appeared to be missing.
• Tires were slashed on a vehicle parked in the 5300 block of Gulfway Drive.
Tuesday, Jan. 14
• Unauthorized charges were used for a purchase of more than $600 in Mexico without the owner’s consent.
• An assault was reported in the 3800 block of Canal.
• An assault was reported in the 6500 block of Howe.
• Possession of a controlled substance by fraud was investigated in the 4700 block of Twin City Highway.
• A 32-year-old male was arrested for outstanding Port Arthur Police Department warrants after a traffic stop in the 1900 block of Main Avenue.
Miscellaneous calls for service assistance — 144
Offense reports filed — 49
Motor vehicle accidents investigated — 2
TIP OF THE WEEK
Be aware of telemarketing fraud. People will say they are anyone from a policeman to disadvantaged individuals. Always be suspicious of anyone asking for money or offering mysterious prize money.
SOURCE: Groves Police Department offense reports