Tommy Mann Jr.
The Port Arthur News
A big weekend of fun activities is in store across the region, such as mixed martial arts, live concert performances and the biggest Mardi Gras party in the area. Also, believe it or not, festival season has arrived. Have fun and enjoy.
• Mardi Gras of SETX — The biggest and best Mardi Gras celebration in the Golden Triangle continues today through Sunday as Mardi Gras Southeast Texas rolls on.
Headlining the Main Stage today is Texas country artist Kevin Fowler. Also performing is the Bart Crow Band. Music on the Gold Stage is provided by Audi-Audio and The Crossroads Band, while House of Rejex and the Circuit Breakers perform on the Green Stage.
Saturday’s main stage artists include Justin Moore, Brandon Rhyder, Dwayne Dopsie and the Hellraisers, and Barry Badon and the Bayou Boys. Artists on the Gold Stage include the Alley Katz, Plan B, Knotch and Classic Recovered, while Centerstage, Longneck Road, Jared Thomas and The Vagabonds and Shon Branham are featured on the Green Stage.
The good times come to a close on Sunday with Wayne Toups and ZydeCajun and Ryan Forret and Forret Tradition on the Main Stage, Brian Milson and artists from Hip Hop R&B Explosion perform on the Gold Stage, and Time Travel and The Will Callers and Bus to Brooklyn can be found on the Green Stage.
There are parades, games, tons of food and awesome carnival rides. Guests can purchase an all you can ride wrist band today, from open to close, for just $25. Visit http://mardigras.portarthur.com for more details.
• Dylan’s — Soul Vacation performs tonight and JAG takes the stage on Saturday. Admission is charged at the door for ages 21 and older each weekend night. On Tuesday, acoustic music is featured from local singer-songwriter Lee Pelly free of charge. Get there early and make a night of it. Call 409-722-1600 for more information.
• Jake’s Place — Mark and Maniacs will perform Saturday night at Jake’s Place in Nederland for ages 21 and older. Admission is free. Call 409-721-5852 for information.
• The Place — Joyce Rainey returns to The Place in Port Acres for some good tunes and good times with karaoke beginning at 8 p.m., Saturday. Admission is free for ages 21 and older. Call 409-736-2650 for details.
• Larry’s French Market — Eazy, which features the fabulous Dave Shaw, perform tonight, while Jackie Caillier and Cajun Cousins keep the Cajun fun going on Saturday. Then, on Thursday, Clint Faulk and Sherri Lynn help kickstart the weekend one night early. Call 409-962-3381 for more information.
• Capri Club — Karaoke is the activity of choice every Thursday and Friday and the Capri Club in Mid-County, so it’s a great way to start your weekend early. Also, this Saturday night, entertainer Jack Flash showcases his skills on the ivory keys with a performance at the Capri Club. The venue is a private membership club and requires a $10 annual fee for ages 21 and older only. Call 409-724-1030 for details.
• Cash’s Bar and Grill — Knuckle Deep is back in Mid-County for a rock and roll party at Cash’s Bar and Grill this Saturday evening. Special guest is local rock act Angel Siren. Cash’s Bar and Grill is a private membership venue and requires a $10 per year membership fee. Admission is $5 at the door for members. Call 409-729-6639 for details.
• Nederland Heritage Festival — The Nederland Heritage Festival is back for another fabulous year as the carnival is held from March 8 through March 13.
Besides great carnival rides, fantastic food and games, there is also quality live music. On Tuesday, Eazy and Dave Show deliver the fun on the NHF stage, while the annual Battle of the Bands is held on Wednesday night. The Moe Haynes Band kickstarts the weekend early on Thursday.
This annual festival also includes a petting zoo, a chili cook-off, a motorcycle and car show and so much more. Contact 409-724-2269 or visit www.nederlandhf.org for more information.
• Nutty Jerry’s — Chuck Berry will perform inside Nutty Jerry’s in Winnie tonight to help celebrate the 75th birthday of radio personality Al Caldwell. Berry, 84, is best known for his trademark hits, “Maybellene,” “Roll Over Beethoven,” “Rock and Roll Music,” “No Particular Place to Go,” and “Johnny B. Goode.” Call 877-643-7508 or visit www.nuttyjerrys.com for more info.
• Big Nasty’s — It’s Friday and that means karaoke with hostess Joyce Rainey is on tap at Big Nasty’s. Then, on Saturday, Johnny Vee returns to Orange County with a showcase at Big Nasty’s in Bridge City. It’s been far too long since this musician last performed at this venue, formerly known as Brewsky’s, so a large and vocal crowd should be on hand. Admission is free and ages 21 and older are invited. Call 409-697-3053 for details.
• Madison’s — Flipside travels to Beaumont for a concert at Madison’s on Dowlen Road in Beaumont this Saturday night for ages 21 and older. Admission is charged at the door. To help make the work week more tolerable, check out a concert by El Floppy Tacos every Tuesday night on the patio free of charge. Also, a special Thursday night showcase is on tap this week featuring music from Ten 26. Call 409-924-9777 for more info.
• Goodfellas — Music and food go hand-in-hand at Goodfellas in Beaumont. Performances include Donice Morace, tonight; Todd Howard, Saturday; and Kris Harper this Tuesday and Thursday. Call 409-861-2500 for more information.
• Starvin’ Marvin’s — Live music from Horace Trahan, tonight, and the Still Cruisin’ band on Saturday night. Everyone is welcome and admission is free. Call 409-347-0058 for more details.
• The Gig — My Beautiful Disaster returns to the stage at The Gig on Crockett Street this Saturday night for a great evening of rock. This cover band dishes out a variety of rock hits from some of today’s more well known acts. A special appearance by the Bretten Low Band will also add to the evening’s excitement. Ages 18 and older are welcome to attend and admission is $7 and $12 at the door. Visit www.thegigbeaumont.com for details.
• Ford Park — Get your fill of hard-hitting action this Saturday night inside Ford Arena as Texas Rage in the Cage is back with “Rage in the Cage XI.” The mixed martial arts beatdown begins at 7 p.m. and features 10 action packed bouts, including TRCAA Champion Jordan Morgan of Gracie Barra in Beaumont as he faces off against challenger Josh Quayhagen of Lake Charles, La.
Tickets are available for $45 and $27 at all Ticketmaster outlets and the Ford Park box office. Visit www.FordPark.com for more information.
Send all entertainment listings to email@example.com or call 409-721-2819.