- Local News
- PA water line being repaired; pressure problems continue
Port Arthur fishing hole claims another drowning victim
After another drowning accident at Keith Lake cut, the small channel where the lake runs under the bridge, Saturday, the popular fishing hole is starting to gain a different reputation. Fishermen know that if they fall in the water, there’s a good chance they’ll be leaving in a body bag.
- Forecasters eye system in Central Atlantic
- Hotel blaze believed deliberately set
- ZeoGas looking at other locations favorably
- Man dies in strong current at Keith Lake
- Competition fierce for industrial projects, jobs
- Boil water notice issued for part of PA
Map shows rainfall totals through noon
The National Weather Service in Lake Charles is continuing the flash flood watch for the entire region this afternoon, but it could be removed later today for east Texas and central Louisiana. Heavy rains today have produced 5-10 inches of rain across southeast Texas, 3-6 inches across southwest and south central Louisiana, and 1-3 inches in east Texas and central Louisiana.
Lincoln High School class of 1964 'Celebrating a Gold & Purple Jubilee' 50th reunion
Alexander will deliver the invocation at Saturday’s “Celebrating a Gold & Purple Jubilee” 50th reunion dinner and dance for the 1964 graduating class of Abraham Lincoln High School in Port Arthur.
- More Local News Headlines