The Port Arthur News
PORT ARTHUR —
The Port Arthur branch of the Salvation Army will take applications for Thanksgiving and Christmas programs beginning Monday, Oct. 8, and will be accepting them through Friday, Oct. 19. Anyone who is in need of help this holiday season is invited to come to the Salvation Army. The following items will be needed:
1. Driver’s License or other picture identification
2. Birth Certificates or any other proof of guardianship for all children 12 and under
3. Income verification for all adults in the family (including child support)
4. Social security cards for all adults and children in the household
5. Verification of food stamps (DHS printout)
6. Rent or house payment receipt with correct address
7. Verification of all expenses (utility bills, medical bills, car payment, etc.)
For special needs after these dates (such as loss of job, loss of residence due to fire/flood, etc.) contact the Salvation Army because these are handled on a case by case basis.
Christmas is upon us and the Salvation Army is looking for a few good spirited people to help make Christmas special for the families in our community. They are looking for volunteers October 8 through October 19 to help take applications for the Christmas and Thanksgiving programs. PCall Amber Burleson at 903-802-1797 to reserve your volunteer time. Clubs and Sororities are welcome.
The Salvation Army is also looking for volunteers to ring bells at our kettle locations. DID YOU KNOW… that 90 percent of kettle ringers are paid employees? Help donated dollars go farther to help the families in our communities. If you are interested in this area, contact Captain Ed Cheshire or Kathy at 409-983-2229.
Volunteer opportunities are abundant through this time of year so please feel free to call us if you can help at any time between now and Christmas.