The Port Arthur News
Groves Police responded to the following calls from Nov. 27 through Dec. 3
Wednesday, Nov. 27
• A red Nikon camera was stolen from a vehicle in the 2600 block of Berry.
• An assault was reported in the 2100 block of Orange Acres.
Thursday, Nov. 28
• A 41-year-old female was arrested on outstanding Jefferson County warrants in the 3000 block of Main.
• Criminal mischief to a vehicle was reported in the 3900 block of Suncrest.
• Assorted tools were stolen from a vehicle in the 5800 block of West Jefferson.
• Criminal mischief was reported in the 5800 block of 39th Street.
Friday, Nov. 29
• A 9mm Beretta pistol and a Taurus .380 pistol were stolen from a vehicle in the 3100 block of Charles.
• A shoplifting was reported in the 5000 block of 32nd Street and a 29-year-old female was arrested on an outstanding Jefferson County warrant.
Saturday, Nov. 30
• A vehicle parked in the 5100 block of 33rd Street was hit by a vehicle that left the scene.
• A 22-year-old female was arrested for possession of a controlled substance and a 21-year-old male was arrested for outstanding Port Neches Police Department warrants in the 5400 block of 25th Street.
• A 31-year-old female was arrested for public intoxication in the 2600 block of Main.
Sunday, Dec. 1
• An assault was reported in the 5100 block of Gulf.
• A 28-year-old male was arrested for aggravated assault in the 6400 block of Hansen.
• A 37-year-old male was arrested for public intoxication in the 2600 block of First Avenue.
• Burglary of a vehicle was reported in the 2700 block of Berry.
• Clothing, wallets, tools and a cell phone were stolen from a vehicle in the 2300 block of Crescent.
• Luggage was stolen from a vehicle in the 5300 block of Gulfway Drive.
• Burglary of a vehicle was reported in the 2200 block of Berry.
• A 30-year-old female was arrested for public intoxication in the 5300 block of Gulfway Drive.
Monday, Dec. 2
• A 46-year-old male was arrested for driving while intoxicated in the 4800 block of Twin City Highway.
• A 17-year-old male was arrested for possession of marijuana and fail to identify and a 19-year-old male was arrested on traffic violations and fail to identify in the 4900 block of 32nd Street.
• Interference with Child Custody was reported.
• A 31-year-old male was arrested for evading arrest in the 5100 block of West Parkway after officers were called about a possible intoxicated driver.
• A disturbance was reported in the 3600 block of Pure Atlantic.
• Animal cruelty was reported in the 3200 block of Graves after a dog was apparently shot in the leg.
• A Low Boy trailer and tools were stolen from the 6800 block of 32nd Street.
• A shoplifting was reported in the 4700 block of Twin City Highway.
• A disturbance was reported in the 6200 block of 25th Street.
Tuesday, Dec. 3
• A white Toyota 4-door struck a City of Groves utility vehicle and then left the scene in the 3100 block of Boyd.
• A 19-year-old male was arrested for robbery. The victim reported that the suspect reached inside her vehicle in the 6900 block of 32nd Street and stole her purse. The victim then yelled for help and the suspect was confronted by witnesses who chased the suspect. The suspect was subsequently captured by Groves Police officers responding to the call. The suspect’s vehicle at the scene was found to have been stolen earlier in the morning from a business in Port Arthur.
• Identity theft was reported.
• A ladder was stolen from the 4500 block of Boyd.
• A 43-year-old male was arrested for driving while license invalid with previous conviction in the 2600 block of Twin City Highway.
Miscellaneous calls for service assistance — 105
Offense reports filed — 37
Motor vehicle accidents investigated — 2
TIP OF THE WEEK
Talk with children about internet safety when they begin to use a computer on their own or get their own mobile device. Discuss how they should not reveal personal information to anyone on the Internet, and if they ever come across anything that makes them uncomfortable, they should tell an adult immediately.
SOURCE: Groves Police Department offense reports