Man shocked while working on power lines in Port Arthur
A contractor was air lifted to a Galveston hospital after he came in contact with high power lines earlier this week.
Port Arthur Acting Deputy Fire Chief Paul Washburn said a call came in at approximately 5:15 p.m. Monday to 201 Valley Forge off Procter Street Extension.
The shocked man was in a bucket lift in the air when PAFD arrived on scene.
Firefighters were able to lower the bucket some and used their own ladder to get the man to their own bucket.
The man’s current condition as of Tuesday afternoon was not known.
Washburn said he does not know the name of the company the man is employed with.
As of 7 a.m. Wednesday, the National Hurricane Center has a high 90 percent chance for tropical development on a broad... read more