Fire Chief: Port Neches family escapes blaze that damages home
PORT NECHES — A Port Neches family was able to get to safety during a Fourth of July house fire.
The Port Neches Fire Department received the call at 9:46 p.m. Saturday for the home in the 2000 block of Fifth Street, Chief Paul Nelson said.
The carport, vehicle and garage were on fire when firefighters arrived on scene. Nelson believes the point of origin was the truck under the carport and fireworks did not have anything to do with the fire.
The family was at home and escaped out the back door of the one-story residence.
Nelson asked the family if they needed assistance from the American Red Cross, to which they said no.
The Port Arthur Health Department received confirmation Monday of 14 additional Port Arthur residents who tested positive for coronavirus. These... read more