• 90°

Man shot Tuesday evening in Port Arthur declines to press charges

A Port Arthur gunshot victim has opted not to file charges against the person who shot him earlier this week, authorities said.

The victim, who is a 30-year-old male local resident, sustained a gunshot wound to the upper portion of his body in the 1300 block of 11th Street.

Police responded to the shooting scene at approximately 5:33 p.m. Tuesday and the man was taken to CHRISTUS Southeast Texas – St. Elizabeth in Beaumont for treatment, according to information from the Port Arthur Police Department.

Det. Sadie Guedry said the victim was able to tell detectives he did not want to file charges and was cooperative and forthcoming.

The case is now closed.