Groves police blotter and calls from Nov. 27–Dec. 3
- Miscellaneous calls for service assistance — 130
- Offense reports filed — 19
- Motor vehicle accidents investigated — 4
- Burglary of a building was reported in the 1200 block of Wilson Avenue, Port Neches.
- A back door was damaged and reported in the 3200 block of Charles Avenue.
- Front door appeared to have been pried open with a pry bar and the strike plates on the door frame damaged in the 7000 block of Terrell Street.
- Theft of a firearm from a vehicle was reported in the 5600 block of Hogaboom.
- A 55-year-old man was arrested for driving while intoxicated in the 6000 block of Monroe/5900 block of Monroe.
- A 33-year-old man was arrested for outstanding warrants in the 6400 block of Madison after a call in reference to a disturbance.
- Cruelty to non-livestock animals was reported in the 6600 block of 32nd Street.
- Injury to child, elderly or disabled individual report was processed.
- An assault-assault family violence report was processed in the 2600 block of Twin City Highway.
- Theft of approximately $600 was reported in the 5800 block of West Jefferson.
- A 9MM purple and black SCCY CPX-2 was taken from a white KIA Soul without the owner’s consent and was reported in the 2400 block of Little John.
- A vicious dog was reported to the police station at 4201 Main Avenue.
- A 40-year-old man was arrested for outstanding warrants and possession of a controlled substance in the 3300 block of West Parkway, while on a traffic stop.
- A 32-year-old man was arrested for outstanding warrants in the 6000 block of Gulfway Drive after a traffic stop.
- An informational report was processed.
- A 21-year-old man was arrested for outstanding warrants and the driver was issued citation for traffic offenses in the 6700 block of 32nd Street after a traffic stop.
You Might Like
The following individuals were indicted by a Jefferson County grand jury this week: An indictment is not a final conviction... read more