• 66°

Beaumont men guilty of spree

Special to The News

BEAUMONT — The final defendant in a Jefferson County violent crime spree has pleaded guilty to federal violations in the Eastern District of Texas, U.S. Attorney Joseph D. Brown said Wednesday.

In an issued statement, Brown said Darrion Tyrell Kimble, 19, pleaded guilty to Hobbs Act robbery, attempted Hobbs Act robbery and brandishing a firearm in relation to a crime of violence. Kimble appeared before U.S. Magistrate Judge Keith Giblin on Wednesday for his plea hearing.

Other defendants in the case included:

• Tavori Terrell Jackson, 19, who pleaded guilty Tuesday to two counts of Hobbs Act robbery, attempted Hobbs Act robbery, and discharging a firearm during a crime of violence.

• Damien Earl Kimble, 35, who pleaded guilty on Aug. 21 to Hobbs Act conspiracy.

• Kamren Terezz Lewis, 19, who pleaded guilty Oct. 10 to attempted Hobbs Act robbery and Hobbs Act robbery.

Information presented in court revealed that on July 29, 2017, Jackson and Darrion Kimble robbed Fertitta’s Finer Foods in Beaumont. Both Jackson and Kimble brandished firearms, with Jackson jumping over the clerk’s counter and demanding money.

Later that day, Jackson and Kimble attempted to rob a game room located in Beaumont, but were deterred and fled when a security guard fired three rounds at them. Both Kimble and Jackson brandished firearms during the course of those robberies.

In early March 2018, Jackson and Kimble resurfaced, and with the assistance of Lewis and Damien Kimble, attempted to rob a game room in Port Arthur. During the robbery, Jackson and Lewis, entered the game room and demanded money. In an effort to intimidate patrons and employees of the game room, Jackson fired two rounds into the floor of the game room as Lewis stood as a lookout. Darrion Kimble served as the group’s get-away driver.

Later that day Jackson, Darrion Kimble, Damien Kimble and Lewis robbed a Dollar General store in Beaumont. During this robbery, Jackson and Lewis entered the store, with Lewis standing near the door as lookout. Jackson jumped over the counter, brandished a firearm and demanded money.

After his demands were met, Jackson and Lewis fled in different vehicles driven by Damien Kimble and Darrion Kimble.

During the investigation it was discovered that on July 26, 2017, Jackson robbed the Sunshine Grocery in Port Arthur. Jackson brandished a firearm during that robbery.      

Under federal statutes, the defendants each face up to 20 years for each robbery violation and a minimum of seven additional years for each firearms violation. Sentencing hearings will be scheduled after the completion of a presentence investigation by the U.S. Probation Office.