Register by Tuesday: Early voting for Nov. 6 elections begins Oct. 22
Those who wish to register to vote in the Nov. 6 election are running out of time as the Tuesday deadline approaches.
Residents can check their voting status by visiting Jeffersonelections.com and clicking the “Am I registered to vote?” tab at the top of the page. Those checking must put the name that is on your identification, otherwise the search will not find them.
To register to vote, one can mail an application to the Jefferson County Tax Assessor-Collector’s office, P.O. Box 2121 Beaumont 77704. Various websites have voter registration forms you can fill out to mail in. People can go to Votetexas.gov and click on the “Register to Vote” tab at the top of the page and follow the instructions.
Early voting begins Oct. 22 and ends Nov. 2.
Below is a list of times and locations to vote early:
Oct. 22–26: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Oct. 27: 7 a.m.–7 p.m.
Oct. 28: 12–5 p.m.
Oct. 29–Nov. 2: 7 a.m.–7 p.m.
• Beaumont Courthouse-main location 1001 Pearl St., Beaumont
• Port Arthur Sub-Courthouse 525 Lakeshore Drive, Port Arthur
• Rogers Park Recreation Center 6540 Gladys, Beaumont
• Port Arthur YMCA 6760 Ninth Ave., Port Arthur
• Theodore Johns Library 4255 Fannett Road, Beaumont
• John Paul Davis Community Center 3580 E. Lucas, Beaumont
• Marion & Ed Hughes Public Library 2715 Nederland Ave., Nederland
• Groves Recreation Center 6150 39th St., Groves
• Effie & Wilton Hebert Library 2025 Merriman St., Port Neches
Oct. 29–Nov. 2: 7 a.m.– 7 p.m.
• Jefferson Co. Pct. 4 Bldg 19217 FM 365, Beaumont
• Precinct 1 Service Center 20205 W. Highway 90, China
Jefferson County candidates of the Democratic and Republican parties will participate in a forum at the IBEW 479 Hall, which is located at 1430 Spindletop Road.
The forum is scheduled for 6:30-8:30 p.m. Thursday.
On Oct. 15, the candidates will participate in a forum at First United Methodist Church Community Fellowship Center, which is located on the corner of Nederland Avenue and 13th Street. The forum is set for 6:30.
The following persons were indicted by a Jefferson County grand jury this week: Antoine Joel Bohanon, 39, of Groves was... read more