Bells jingle at Groves shops
GROVES — Stores and storefronts are decked out for the holidays as merchants prepare for some early season shopping with Christmas Tree Trail to Groves.
The Groves Chamber of Commerce and Tourist Center is sponsoring the annual celebration that ushers in the holiday season from 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday at participating businesses.
“This special event is an opportunity for you to tour and see the newest in Christmas decorations, gifts, holiday attire, food, ideas and more,” Ronnie Boneau, executive director of the chamber, said.
Cindy Kreutzer of Oliver Maxwell’s Boutique has been taking part in the tree trail event since 2009 when she and her husband owned Kizmet Studio.
Festive decorations hang above the storefront windows and inside there is a festive Christmas tree among other decorations at the shop, 4318 Lincoln Ave.
“We will have 20 percent of Italian leather purses and other discounts,” Kreutzer said. “And we will further discount our clearance items.”
Like other merchants, Kreutzer will break out the refreshments for patrons on Sunday.
Kreutzer said as a small business person she is happy with the upcoming event.
“It definitely helps to shop local and this event also kicks off the holidays,” she said. “Plus it will feel like Christmas outside with the cold front coming through.”
Cheryll Moreau of Hannah Bay’s Clothing Boutique has been taking pat in the event for seven years and is looking forward to Sunday.
“This is an opportunity for the community to get out and see the shops in Groves,” Moreau said.
Hannah Bay’s, 4343 Lincoln Ave., will offer a number of discounts such as 25 percent off jeans and more.
Moreau said she typically has about 700 people coming through the shop during Christmas Tree Trail to groves last year and after seven years she still gets customers who have lived in the city their whole lives and did not know the shop existed.
All of the participating businesses will be offering refreshments as well as discounts and sales.
Participating businesses include:
- Queen Bee Flower Shop, 4311 Lincoln Ave.
- The Collection Fine Gifts, 4300 Lincoln Ave., Suite No. 1.
- The Olive Branch Gift Shop, 4319 Lincoln Ave., Suite B.
- The Christian Bookstore of Groves, 5543 E. Parkway.
- Oliver Maxwell’s, 4318 Lincoln Ave.
- Bruce’s Market Basket, 6001 39th st.
- The Courtyard Café, 4321 Lincoln Ave.
- Dairy Queen, 6250 39th St.
- Kizmet Art studio, 4316 Lincoln Ave.
- SHOOGZ on the Avenue, 4321 Lincoln Ave.
- Attic Treasures (Resale shop), 5235 39th St.
- Domino’s Pizza, 4101 Main Ave.
- CNC Defense Firearms Boutique, 5603 E. Parkway.
- Eclectic Treasures, 3720 Main Ave.
- Groves Café and Coffee Bar, 6039 39th St.
- Hannah Bay’s Clothing Boutique, 4343 Lincoln Ave., Suite A.
- Snooper’s Paradise, 5509 E. Parkway.
- Williams Florist and Gifts, 5890 32nd St.
- Phillips Florist, 5235 39th St.
- Sylvia’s Florist and Gifts, 4322 Lincoln Ave.
- Merle Norman/Bella Boutique, 4300 Lincoln Ave., Suite 2 and 3.
- Isaac Barbosa Jewelers, 3015 Main Ave.
- Clyde’s Hairloom, 5400 39th St.
- The Mission’s Attic, 3300 Twin City Hwy.
- Groves Chamber of Commerce, 4399 Main Ave.
There are also participating vendors inside Memorable Moments at Maggie’s, 5121 East Parkway.