Keys to winning in Nederland at PNG
Nederland wins if:
- The Bulldogs find a way to slow down PNG sophomore quarterback Roschon Johnson. He has 2,522 total yards and 38 combined touchdowns.
- The offensive line can dominate. PNG has a great defensive line and linebacker group.
- The Bulldogs put up more rushing yards than the Indians. PNG loves to set the pass up with the run and Nederland would benefit from keeping the Indians’ offense on the sideline.
Port Neches-Groves wins if:
- The Indians can get a couple of stops or turnovers early in the game. PNG needs to get off to a quick start and not fall behind so that thoughts of years past don’t creep in their minds.
- Receivers Keynel McZeal, Preston Riggs and Dylan McGough are able to take some pressure off Johnson. Nederland has a great secondary, so yards and catches will be tough to come by.
- The Indians can completely forget for 48 minutes the last six results of this game. None of those results matter. If something goes wrong for the Indians, they need to regroup and move on.
— Gabriel Pruett