Two treated for smoke inhalation following house fire

Published 9:49 am Thursday, February 25, 2016

Two people were treated for smoke inhalation following a house fire Wednesday night.

At about 6:20 p.m. Feb. 24, Port Arthur Fire Department responded to a home in the 3700 block of Fifth Street. The quickly learned there were still occupants inside the home.

There were no major injuries but several people were sent to a hospital for treatment for smoke inhalation.

Subscribe to our free email newsletter

Get the latest news sent to your inbox

A spokesperson with the PAFD said the fire started in a bedroom.