LU student employee suffers burns

Published 3:38 pm Thursday, October 8, 2015

BEAUMONT — A Lamar University-Beaumont student employee was transferred to the burn unit at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston for treatment of burns on Thursday.

At approximately 2:30 p.m. Oct. 8 a student suffered accidental burns from hot water she was carrying in the Nest in the Setzer Student Center.  The student was carrying several items when the accident occurred.

The individual was treated on scene by emergency responders from the Beaumont Fire Department and transported by air ambulance to the UTMB Burn Unit, according to the Lamar University police department.

Subscribe to our free email newsletter

Get the latest news sent to your inbox