CULINARY THRILL SEEKING: Next time go for the green apples
Candy apple red carries all sorts of connotations of sweet adventure.
Next time you crave a crunch, go for a tart green apple. They look good in an arrangement, put you in the mind of summer and offer a nutritional carry-around snack.
Once you have a stash, think of all the creations you can make:
* Slice it and spread on crunch peanut butter
* Make round, green borders for a Canadian bacon sandwich
* Slice and dip into flavored Greek yogurt
* Dice and make apple “croutons” for salad crunch
If you I haven’t hit your favorite, let me know and we can share it with readers.
VOGA Italia Red Fusion can make a spiced sangria with figs. What with the fruit, I’ve always considered sangria as a lighter fare that puts you in the mind of socializing and travel.
Thinking about calories? Go even lower with amazing Sparkling Ice, bottles of drinks that are zero calorie wonders to serve over ice or mix into drinks. Pink Grapefruit, Kiwi Strawberry and Strawberry Watermelon make hot Texas summers cool. Now think about mixing in with Champaign for a brunch showcase. If you keep some Sparkling Ice in the fridge, you’ll be ready for anything, but those extra calories. Did I mention there are also vitamins and antioxidants in this product? Now that’s refreshing.
Try the Sparkling Cherry in Mason jars with a straw: Ingredients:
• 4 ounces Cherry Limeade
• 1 cup brandy
• 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
• one half cup Simple syrup
• one fourth cup cherry brandy
• one fourth cup orange liqueur
• 10 mint leaves (plus a few more for garnish)
• 6 cherries (stems and pits removed)
• 2 oranges, halved and sliced
1. In a large pitcher, combine Cherry Limeade, brandy, orange juice, Simple syrup, and orange liqueur. Stir in cherries and orange slices.
2. Garnish with mint leaves, cover and chill for 24 hours. Serve over ice.