Groves Police calls, July 1 through July 7
Published 4:06 pm Wednesday, July 8, 2015
Groves Police responded to the following calls from July 1 through July 7
Wednesday, July 1
• A black/silver Springfield .45 firearm valued at $650, a silver .38 revolver valued at $50, a Sony PlayStation 3 valued at $300, and a ASUS laptop valued at $300 were stolen from a home in the 2600 block of Fourth Avenue.
• A 43-year-old male was arrested on outstanding warrants out of Hunt County, Texas after responding to a call of an unwanted person in the 6700 block of 32nd Street.
Thursday, July 2
• A 52-year-old male was arrested in the 2600 block of Oleander following a call of a disturbance.
• A 52-year-old male was arrested for assault in the 2600 block of Oleander.
• A 39-year-old male was arrested for forgery of a financial instrument in the 6000 block of 39th Street.
• A 19-year-old female and a 19-year-old male were arrested for possession of marijuana after a traffic stop in the 6300 block of Hogaboom.
• A window was broken on a house in the 3300 block of Canal.
Friday, July 3
• A men’s wallet was stolen from a postal vehicle in the area of North and Graves.
• A large picnic table was stolen from the 6100 block of Gulfway Drive.
• Criminal mischief to a door was reported in the 7200 block of Leonard.
• A 43-year-old male was arrested on outstanding warrants after a traffic stop in the 5400 block of 39th Street.
• A vehicle parked in the 5000 block of 32nd Street was struck by an unknown vehicle that left the scene.
Saturday, July 4
• A 20-year-old male was arrested for injury to the elderly after a disturbance in the 5400 block of Beaumont.
• A 32-year-old male was arrested for driving while license invalid and display/possess fictitious license Plate in the 6500 block of 32nd Street.
Sunday, July 5
• A 31-year-old male was arrested on a traffic violation in the 2400 block of Main.
• Officers were called to a burglary in progress call in the 4800 block of Pure Atlantic.
• A 29-year-old male was arrested on outstanding warrants and a 23-year-old male was arrested for possession of a controlled substance after a traffic stop in the 3000 block of Main.
Monday, July 6
• A 2007 Nissan truck was stolen from the 5000 block of Woodlawn.
• A window A/C unit was stolen from an apartment in the 5500 block of West Washington.
• Eggs were thrown at the front of a house in the 6500 block of 39th Street.
• A disturbance was reported in the 5300 block of Gulfway Drive.
• A 39-year-old male was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon in the 1900 block of Perry.
• A 30-year-old female was arrested on outstanding warrants after officers were called to the 5500 block of West Washington in reference to an unwanted person.
Tuesday, July 7
• The driver of a gray Infinity pumped gas into his vehicle and then left without paying in the 6400 block of 39th Street.
8 Criminal mischief to the inside of a house was reported in the 2300 block of Perry.
Miscellaneous calls for service assistance — 187
Offense reports filed — 31
Motor vehicle accidents investigated — 2
TIP OF THE WEEK
Examine your credit reports from the major national credit reporting firms at least once a year to make sure no one has established credit in your name or is ruining your credit after stealing your identity. The recently enacted Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act requires that each of the three major credit reporting agencies provide consumers with a free credit report once a year. You can also get a free credit report through www.annualcreditreport.com
SOURCE: Groves Police Department offense reports