Groves Police calls, Jan. 11 through Jan. 17
Published 12:39 pm Tuesday, January 17, 2012
Groves Police responded to the following calls from Jan. 11 through Jan. 17
Wednesday, Jan. 11
• Windows were broken on a vehicle in the 4400 block of Main Avenue.
• A clothes dryer was stolen from a house in the 2700 block of Royal.
• Theft of services was reported was made regarding a business in the 5500 block of 39th Street.
• A 32-year -old female was arrested for outstanding warrants in the 3700 block of Graves.
Thursday, Jan. 12
• A 33-year-old female was arrested for public intoxication after officers were called to the 4600 block of Twin City Highway in reference to a person asleep in a vehicle.
• Unauthorized charges were made to a debit card account.
• A .380 pistol was stolen from a residence in the 6600 block of Terrell.
• A theft of wages report was taken.
• A 22-year-old male was arrested for burglary of a habitation in the 5300 block of Gulfway Drive. The victim called the police when the male subject beat on her door and then broke in a window to gain entry.
• Two 18-year-old males were arrested for aggravated robbery that occurred in the 5600 block of West Washington. The victim was threatened with a shotgun and the actors took his wallet and cell phone. The victim was not injured.
• A disturbance was reported in the 6400 block of Madison.
Friday, Jan. 13
• A report was made by an employee of a business in the 3100 block of Main Avenue for the misapplication of fiduciary funds.
• Someone entered a building in the 3500 block of Graves and stole a Powerhouse generator.
• A person reported receiving a telephone call from overseas by a person claiming to be the victim’s grandson asking for $2,800 to get out of jail.
• A Porter Cable circular saw and a Poulan chain saw were stolen from the 3700 block of Stuart.
• Telephone harassment was reported.
• A criminal trespass warning notice was issued in the 3700 block of Kinard.
• Two 18-year-old males were arrested on outstanding warrants after a traffic stop in the 5200 block of 32nd Street.
Saturday, Jan. 14
• Gasoline was stolen from a vehicle in the 3600 block of Taft.
• A 33-year-old female was arrested on an outstanding warrant in the 2100 block of Ray Avenue.
• A 20-year-old male was arrested for leaving the scene of an accident, traffic violations and outstanding warrants in the 6500 block of Terrell.
• A disturbance was reported in the 3500 block of Charles.
• A 63-year-old male was arrested for driving while intoxicated in the 3100 block of Main Avenue.
Sunday, Jan. 15
• A runaway juvenile was recovered in the 6400 block of 32nd Street.
Monday, Jan. 16
• Identity theft was reported.
• A 37-year-old female was arrested on an outstanding warrant after a traffic stop in the 6700 block of 39th Street.
• A disturbance was reported in the 5800 block of 32nd Street.
• A disturbance was reported in the 2800 block of Rose.
Tuesday, Jan. 17
• A white male driving a red Jeep Cherokee was seen breaking out a window on a vehicle in the 6600 block of Jefferson and then driving away.
• A 17-inch Macbook laptop computer and a Bosch brad gun were stolen from the 5500 block of Beaumont.
Miscellaneous calls for service assistance — 101
Offense reports filed — 43
Motor vehicle accidents investigated — 5
TIP OF THE WEEK
More than a million children and teens depend on buses to get them safely to and from school every day. They also depend on us to know the law and drive safely around school buses.
SOURCE: Groves Police Department offense reports