Left over bond money may fund PN-GISD projects
Trustees in Port Neches-Groves ISD are set to look at a list of capital improvement projects to be funded with bond funds left over from the 2007 bond election.
The board will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday at West Groves Education Center, 5840 W. Jefferson, in Groves.
The elementary school bond projects approved by voters in 2007 are currently the only ones which have been closed out, or completed, according to information fro the district. Monies remaining from those projects and bond fees that haven’t been allocated to any projects totals about $800,000.
The district anticipates additional funds becoming available after the middle and high school projects are completed in the future.
In January, board members asked officials in the maintenance department and technology department to look for possible capital improvement projects. Trustees will consider approval of replacing chillers and boilers that are in poor or fair condition within the district as well as technology requests from the elementary campuses during the meeting.
Other agenda items include:
• Consider approval of an insurance proposal on property coverage for a one-year period beginning March 30.
• Consider approval to contract with Texas Scenic to provide specialty stage lighting at Port Neches-Groves High School and corresponding budget amendment.
• Report; budget, bond expenditures and investments, general fund and tax office report
• Report; superintendent, career and technology education
• Consider approval of assistant superintendent for curriculum and instruction position