• Beaumont Civic Center — Saturday, Seventh Annual Jazz and Blues Fest featuring Najee, Texas Johnny Brown, Jack Edery and UltraSuede with Paul Orta, Barbara Lynn, Mad Maude and The Hatters, Briefcase Blues, a Blues Brother tribute act, Jimmy Simmons, Dean James, Rob White Band, Silas Feemster and the Flava band, $10-$15. www.beaumontjazzfest.com. 701 Main, Beaumont.
• Nutty Jerry’s — Friday, Tanya Tucker, $20-$60. All ages. www.nuttyjerrys.com. 18291 Englin Road, Winnie.
• Ford Park — Saturday, Tyrese and Friends, $42.50-$72.50. All ages. www.fordpark.com. 5155 IH 10 S., Beaumont.
• • •
• The Barking Dog — Friday-Saturday, Scott and Helen Hoyt tribute to Everly Brothers. $10/day. All ages. 409-330-4065. 109 Fifth St., Orange.
• Bayou Club — Thursday - Saturday, karaoke, free. Ages 21 and older. 409-882-9299. 2210 Simmons Dr., Orange.
• Big Nasty’s — Saturday, Scott McGill and Old Dog Mac, free. Ages 21 and older. 409-697-3053. 1195 Texas Avenue, Bridge City.
• The Boudain Hut — Thursday, Sunday, Wednesday, Phillip Glyn and Daze. Friday-Saturday, Creole Cookin’. Tuesday, karaoke. 409-962-5079. 5714 Gulfway Drive, Port Arthur.
• Cafe del Rio — Friday, Centerstage. Wednesday, Keenan and Cliff. All ages. 409-347-1644. 2830 Interstate 10 E, Beaumont.
• La Cantina — Thursday, Skeeter Jones, free. 409-727-0404. 7960 Memorial Blvd., Port Arthur.
• La Cantina - Orange — Thursday, Jimmy Kaiser, free. 409-670-9830. 2709 MacArthur Drive, Orange.
• Capistrano — Friday, karaoke, free. Saturday, Three Legged Dawg, free. Ages 21 and older. 409-883-8175. 1209 Green Ave., Orange.
• Capri Club — Thursday- Friday, Lucky Star Karaoke. Saturday, Uhnayus, $5. Ages 21 and older. 409-724-1030. 8585 9th Ave, Port Arthur.
• Cotton’s Cay — Friday, Red Bone Cookin’, $5. Saturday, karaoke, free. Ages 18 and older. 409-886-9042. 8379 N. Highway 87, Orange.
• Dylan’s — Friday, Phillip Glyn and Southern Daze. Saturday, Static. Tuesday, Lee Pelly. Wednesday, karaoke, free. Ages 21 and older. 409-722-1600. 8601 Ninth Ave., Port Arthur.
• Fuzzy’s Taco Shop — Thursday, Jerry Diaz. Tuesday, Scott McGill. 409-729-8226. 1039 Nederland Ave. Nederland.
• The Gig — Friday, Trapt, The Dreaming, Candlelight Red, Angel Siren, Lost Element, $20 and up. Saturday, Noyola. Wednesday, Open mic night. Ages 18 and older. www.thegigbeaumont.com. Crockett Street, Beaumont.
• Goodfellas — Thursday, Mike and Ted, free. Friday, Alex Rozell. Saturday, Thomas Cokinos, Chris Vogt. 409-861-2500. 3350 Dowlen Road, Ste. H, Beaumont.
• Good Times — Thursday, Valley View. Ages 21 and older. 409-962-9858. Port Arthur Hotel, 3801 Texas 73 E., Port Arthur.
• The Grill — Thursday, Scott McGill. Friday - Saturday, Swinging Gringos. 409-866-0039. 6680 Calder Ave., Beaumont.
• Irene’s Lounge — Monday, Open pool tournament. Tuesday, karaoke. Wednesday, Ages 21 and older. 409-724-2927 147 N. Twin City Hwy., Nederland.
• Jake’s Place — Saturday, David Joel and David Varnardo, free. Ages 21 and older. 409-721-5852. 1214 Spurlock Road, Nederland.
• King’s Cue Stick — Saturday, Jenny and the Reincarnation, Octopoodle, Pear Ridge, $5. 409-722-8899. 8160 9th Ave, Port Arthur.
• Larry’s French Market — Thursday, Clint Faulk and Sherrie Lynn. Friday, Zydecane. Saturday, Eazy. 409-962-3381. 3701 FM 366, Groves.
• Logon Cafe — Thursday, Open blues jam, free. Friday, Brown Chicken Brown Cow String Band. Saturday, Fire and Rain, $5. Tuesday, karaoke. Monday, Night and Day Orchestra, $10. Wednesday, Open mic night, free. www.logoncafe.net. 3805 Calder Ave, Beaumont.
• Luke’s — Thursday, Todd Howard. Friday, Dusty Newman, free. Saturday, Nathan Johnston, free. 409-347-8139. 2325 Calder St, Beaumont.
• Mackenzie’s Pub — Thursday, B.B. and Company, $7. Saturday, Sharrise and Co., $7. Tuesday, Ed Dix and Friends, free. Ages 21 and older. 409-866-2288. 229 Dowlen Rd., Ste# 9b, Beaumont.
• Madison’s — Thursday, Baby James and Friends, free. Saturday, Champagne Room, $10. Tuesday, El Floppy Tacos, free. Wednesday, karaoke, free. 409-924-9777. 4020 Dowlen, Beaumont.
• Major League Grill — Thursday, Katie and Mike. Saturday, Skeeter Jones Trio. 409-898-7500. 4430 Dowlen Road, Beaumont.
• Mr. Giggles — Thursday, Karaoke, 8 ball pool tournament. Friday, Jake Hughes and Drivin’ Dixie, $5-$8. Saturday, Karaoke, 9 ball pool tournament. Sunday, karaoke. Ages 21 and older. 409-960-6395. 3601 N. Twin City Hwy. Jefferson City Shopping Center, Port Arthur.
• Pacesetter — Thursday, Lee Pelly’s Singer and songwriter night, free. Friday, Fat, Drunk and Stupid, $5. Ages 21 and older. 409-866-2100. 6358 Phelan Blvd.,
• Pine Tree Lodge — Sunday, Herbie Stutes and the Grand Shin Band, free. www.thepinetreelodge.com. 3296 Pinetree Road, LaBelle.
• The Place — Saturday, Karaoke with Joyce Rainey, free. Ages 21 and older. 409-736-2650. 5875 W. Port Arthur Rd, Port Arthur.
• Rancho Grande — Monday, Flava, free. 409-729-9105. 7670 Memorial Boulevard, Port Arthur.
• Starvin’ Marvin’s — Thursday, Old Trick, free. Friday, Scott McGill, free. Saturday, Still Cruisin’, free. Tuesday, open mic jam, free. Wednesday, Moe Haynes Band, free. Call 409-347-0058 for info. 2310 N. 11th St., Beaumont.
• Tequila Rok — Friday, Los Lonely Boys, Blue Broussard Band, $20. Ages 18 and older. www.tequilarok.com. 260 Crockett Street, Beaumont.
• Texas Rose Saloon — Friday, Larry Tillery Band. Ages 21 and older. 409-833-3900. 2013 S M L King Jr. Pkwy., Beaumont.
• Thirsty’s — Friday, Jacob Robles, free. Saturday, Lee Pelly, free. Ages 21 and older. 409-866-6066. 229 Dowlen Road, Beaumont.
• Tiki Too Bar and Grill — Friday, Jonathan Mitchell Band, $5. Saturday, DJ James. Ages 21 and older. 409-296-2522. 45735 Interstate 10, Winnie.
• Tradewinds Tavern — Thursday, Kris Harper. Tuesday, Alex Rozell. Wednesday, Jimmy Kaiser. Ages 21 and older. 409-842-3600. 2355 IH 10, Beaumont.
Send all entertainment listings to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 409-721-2819
- Top Stories
Wendy Davis tours Port of Beaumont
State Sen. Wendy Davis burst onto the national political stage in June, when she spent 11 hours filibustering in an attempt to block Senate Bill 5, a contentious piece of legislation that banned abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy and required abortion clinics to meet the same standards as an ambulatory surgical center. Although the bill passed the next month during a special session called by Gov. Rick Perry, Davis breathed new life into a Texas Democratic Party that last saw an official elected to statewide office in 1994.
- Jack-knifed trailer snarls traffic, closes Rainbow Bridge
UPDATED — Where to go: Fall Fests, Trunk R Treats and Pumpkin Patches
If you're looking for a place to bring the kids trick or treating, or maybe looking for a great patch to grab a pumpkin here is a list of events planned around the area.
Overturned 18-wheeler shuts down portion of Hwy 73
The portion of Highway 73 traveling eastbound at U.S. Highway 69 will be blocked for two to three hours due to an overturned 18-wheeler. Motorists should take an alternate route to avoid the area.
The Port Arthur Police Department is on scene and investigating the accident. No further details are known at this time.
Streets lined to pay respects to Maddox
Motorcyclists, Coast Guard and members of the Hamshire-Fannett Fire Department along with the public are gathered at Jack Brooks Regional Airport to pay tribute to fallen soldier Anthony Maddox.
Fermo's Got Chocolate Milk
Marathoner Jeremy Fermo didn’t know much anything about sports when he was a student at Nederland High School.
“I was in the Nederland marching band; I didn’t take P.E.,” the 33-year-old Lumberton resident said.
It wasn’t until he wanted to lose a few pounds years back and started walking that he started caring about his physical fitness. Walking turned into running and then he started training for his first half-marathon about three years ago.
Messer devoted to art of whittling
What began as a way for Gene Messer to pass time has turned into a passion to teach others the dying art of whittling.
Parents of PA soldier grateful for ‘overwhelming community support’
After news broke that Glenda and Ronald Key’s son, Spc. Anthony R. Maddox, had died from burns sustained in a non-combat situation while on active duty in Afghanistan, the family has received an outpouring of support from their community.
On Wednesday, two strangers stopped by their Port Arthur home to drop off a handmade patriotic quilt and a homemade cake for the couple. In the afternoon hours, two of Glenda’s coworkers from Community Bank arrived with food from Chick-fil-A and offered any kind of support to the couple.
Twinkies may be smaller than people recall
Twinkies are back, but they may be a bit smaller than you remember.
The new owners of Hostess have leaner operating costs now that they're no longer using unionized workers. It turns out the spongy yellow cakes may also be a little smaller than the last Twinkies people remember eating.
'The greatest show on earth' comes to Beaumont
“It’s like a little moving city,” said Jessica Clowers, the show’s assistant animal trainer, of the Gold Tour, which boasts three female Asian elephants, three camels — two adults and an 11-month-old — and five especially well-trained dogs.
- More Top Stories Headlines
- Wendy Davis tours Port of Beaumont