The Port Arthur News
A true rock and roll icon is coming to Southeast Texas as the Motor City Madman himself, Ted Nugent, performs inside Nutty Jerry’s in Winnie tonight.
Tickets are on sale now for $100 for VIP seating to $25 for regular seating and can be purchased at the door, by phone at 877-643-7508 or online at www.NuttyJerrys.com. Special guest is Beaumont’s own Mark Chesnutt.
Nugent, who is best known for his hit songs “Cat Scratch Fever,” “Free For All,” “Strangehold,” “Wango Tango,” “Great White Buffalo,” and more, released his last studio album, “Love Grenade,” in 2007. However, his love for performing and high energy concerts continue to make him a popular attraction.
Making this concert even more incredible is the return of original bandmember Derek St. Holmes as he joins Nugent on the "I Still Believe Tour," which just also happens to be the name of Nugent’s recently released single.
• Beaumont Boys Bash — The annual Beaumont Boys Bash takes place this weekend on Crockett Street.
Tonight is Nashville Songwriter’s Night inside the Dixie Dance Hall featuring Kevin Denney, Byron Hill, Wynn Varble and Blue Broussard.
Then, on Saturday afternoon, the concert on Crockett Street serves as the main event as the gates open at 2 p.m. Headlining this year’s showcase is Southeast Texas native Clay Walker, who is making his first local public appearance in several years. Also appearing are country musicians Neal McCoy and Zona Jones and Friends.
Tickets for tonight are $20 at the door, while Saturday’s tickets are available at Ticketmaster outlets for $20 in advance and $25 at the gate on Saturday. Children ages 12 and younger are admitted free.
• Dylan’s — Cheap Whiskey starts the weekend off on a high note and The Liars, which performs on Saturday, keeps the action flowing into the early morning hours. Admission is charged at the door each weekend night for ages 21 and older.
• Larry’s French Market — Jackie Caillier and Cajun Cousins perform tonight and Eazy is tap this Saturday. Call 409-962-3381 for more information.
• Cash’s Bar and Grill — New local cover band The Means travel to Port Arthur this weekend for a concert on Saturday night at Cash’s Bar and Grill in Port Arthur. $10 per year membership fee. Call 409-729-6639 for details.
• Jake’s Place — Jake’s Place on Spurlock Road welcomes back Joyce Rainey and her karaoke party. Ages 21 and older only. Admission is free. 409-721-5852.
• The Place — This weekend The Alley Kats perform free of charge for ages 21 and older starting at 8 p.m. Call 409-736-2650 for details.
• Pine Tree Lodge in LaBelle — From 6 p.m. - 10 p.m., Saturday, it’s live music from Cool Breeze, while Sunday afternoon has Cajun Harmony performing. thepinetreelodge.com for details and directions.
• Jefferson County Singles Club — Ken Marvel Band on Sunday at the Jefferson County Singles Club at 111 Green Ave. in Nederland. Call 409-727-0013 for information.
• Big Nasty’s — Joyce Rainey is back with karaoke tonight at Big Nasty’s in Bridge City. Saturday Three Legged Dawg is back at its home away from home. Admission is free and ages 21 and older are invited. Call 409-697-3053 for details.
• Madison’s — Top 40 cover band Soul Vacation this Saturday night at Madison’s in Beaumont. Ages 21 and older are welcome, and admission is charged at the door. Visit www.madisonsondowlen.com for more information.
• Goodfellas — Acoustic sounds of Donice Morace tonight at Goodfellas restaurant in Beaumont.
• Starvin’ Marvin’s — On the patio stage tonight is area blues rockers Still Cruisin’, while Saturday’s concert features the always entertaining Sabine River Band. Area musicians are invited to Starvin’ Marvin’s from 7 p.m. - 11 p.m., every Tuesday for the weekly Open Mic Night Jam. Admission is free. Call 409-347-0058 for information.
• The Gig on Crockett Street — Performing on Saturday night is the area band known as The House Rockers. Admission is charged at the door for guests ages 18 and older. thegigbeaumont.com.
• The Art Studio — Scheduled to appear Saturday are Certain Satellites, When the Word was Sound, both of which are from Lake Charles, La., and Roll Over Beethoven. Admission is $5 at the door for all ages.
• Logon Cafe — Tonight a classic rock band, Wards of The State. The show starts at 8:30 p.m. and admission is $5 at the door.
Saturday the group known as Honey Island is holding a special reunion performance. Admission is $5 at the door. logoncafe.net for more information.
• Thirsty’s — Performing tonight is 3 Way Switch, while Andrew Guidry takes the stage on Saturday. Ages 21 and older are always welcome and admission is free. 409-866-6066.
• Tequila Rok — JB and The Moonshine Band on the Blue Iguana Patio. Ages 21 and older are welcome. Admission is charged at the door. Visit www.tequilarok.com for more information.
Send all entertainment listings to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 409-721-2819.