Tommy Mann Jr.
The Port Arthur News
• Port Neches Riverfest — The 10th annual Port Neches Riverfest is under way and there is still plenty of great entertainment and boat racing action to fill your weekend.
Performing tonight are Kevin Fowler, along with Skeeter Jones and the Beer Can Band. On Saturday, Craig Morgan returns to Southeast Texas to headline this year’s festival. Special guests include the Sabine River Band and the Bryce Shaver Band.
Powerboat racing event, better known as Thunder on the Neches, gets underway at noon, Saturday, and continues throughout the day.
Admission is $10 for ages 14 and older, and $5 for children ages 4-13 and seniors age 65 and older. Children ages 3 and younger are admitted free. Visit www.portnecheschamber.com for info.
• Dylan’s — The Ruse performs on stage tonight, and Blues Tonic performs on Saturday. Bands start at 9:30 p.m. and admission is charged at the door. Call 409-722-1600 for more information.
• The Boudain Hut — Tonight and Saturday, catch Creole Cookin’ burning up the dance floor, while Ridin’ High delivers the music on Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday. Karaoke from 7 p.m. - 11 p.m., every Tuesday. Call 409-962-5079 for info.
• Porky’s — Karaoke kickstarts the weekend tonight, while classic rock and blues will fill the venue on Saturday as Jack Edery and UltraSuede perform. Admission is always free and ages 21 and older are welcome to see what this venue is all about. Call 409-548-4881 for more information.
• The Place — Performing this week is Joe Mendoza and his band. There’s never a cover charge at The Place for ages 21 and older. Call 409-736-2650 for details.
• Pine Tree Lodge — Curtis Breaux and the Cadillacs perform from 2 p.m. - 6 p.m. Sunday afternoon ta the Pine Tree Lodge. Visit www.thepinetreelodge.com for more information.
• Larry’s French Market — Dance until your feet hurt tonight with music from Louisiana Express or check out the monthly performance by Chris Miller and Bayou Roots on Saturday. Call 409-962-3381 for more information.
• Capri Club — Smokin’ Joe and the TruTones take the stage Saturday night at the Capri Club in Mid County. The venue requires a $10 per year annual fee for ages 21 and older. Call 409-724-1030 for details.
• Jefferson County Singles Club — The Cajun French Music Association will hold a special concert this Saturday night at the Jefferson County Singles Club for all ages. Performing is Geno Delafose and French Rockin’ Boogie. The doors open at 6 p.m. and the music is from 7 p.m. - 11 p.m. Admission is $10 per person, while ages 12 and younger are admitted free of charge. Call 409-983-5118 or 409-626-1766 for more info.
• National Guard Armory — Gulf Coast Power Pro Wrestling is back in action this Saturday night at the National Guard Armory, 511 Grigsby in Port Neches. Highlighting Saturday’s card is the Gulf Coast Tag Team Championship match, as Fame and Fortune take on GCPPW Champions, the Rough Riders, in a two out of three falls contest. Other matches include Hector Montoya vs Avarice, and Claudia Solis takes on Jen Alise in a Women’s match.
Admission is $10 for adults and $7 for children. The doors open at 7:30 p.m., and the bell rings at 8 p.m. Visit www.gcppw.com for more information.
• Ford Arena — Trans-Siberian Orchestra will perform at 7:30 p.m., Sunday, at Ford Arena in Beaumont. Tickets for this spectacular event are $31.50 - $51.50 and can be purchased at any Ticketmaster outlet, online at Ticketmaster.com or by phone at 800-745-3000.
• The Pavilion at Coushatta — Sammy Hagar and the Wabos perform inside The Pavilion at Coushatta Casino and Resort in Kinder, La. Tickets are $62.50-$42.50 and ages 16 and younger are allowed but must be accompanied by parent or guardian. Call the box office at 800-584-7263 for info.
• Big Nasty’s — Tonight, Joyce Rainey returns with karaoke for those who like to show their skills with the mic, while the venue gets a taste of Houston rock this Saturday night as Downfall 2012 travels to Orange County. Admission is free for ages 21 and older. Call 409-697-3053 for details.
• Madison’s — Flipside is back Saturday night as ages 21 and older are invited to party the night away. Admission is charged at the door. Call 409-924-9777 for more information.
• Goodfellas — Performing tonight is Chad Richard, while Saturday’s showcase features Thomas Cokinos. Call 409-861-2500 for details.
• The Gig — National touring act Evolve Thru Scars will perform tonight at The Gig on Crockett Street in downtown Beaumont. Special guests include local bands Andale and Simple Design. Admission is $7-$12 at the door for ages 18 and older.
My Beautiful Disaster returns Saturday night. Admission is $7-$12 at the door for ages 18 and older. Visit thegigbeaumont.com for details.
• Logon Cafe — Jerryatricks performs beginning at 8:30 p.m. Admission is $5 at the door. Also, check out karaoke at 7 p.m., this Tuesday. Visit www.logoncafe.net for details.
• Whiskey River — Jamie Bergeron and the Kickin’ Cajuns travel back to Southeast Texas. Admission is charged at the door for ages 18 and older. Call 409-832-2999 or visit www.whiskeyrivertexas.com.
• Thirsty’s — Local singer and songwriter Lee Pelly of Knuckle Deep on Friday, while Saturday, the duo of Trevor Batson and Ryan Gist, also from local rock band SourMash, perform for ages 21 and older. Admission is free. Call 409-866-6066 for information.
• Julie Rogers Theatre — Country music legend Willie Nelson returns to the Golden Triangle with a special showcase this Wednesday night inside the beautiful Julie Rogers Theater in downtown Beaumont. Tickets are $85 - $42.50 each at all Ticketmaster outlets and the Beaumont Civic Center box office.
Send all entertainment listings to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 409-721-2819.