The Port Arthur Epsilon Theta Omega chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha, Sorority Inc. held a Breast Cancer Awareness event on Oct. 18, at the Port Arthur Health Department.
Brochures, informational documents on breast cancer treatment, prevention, research, and education as well as web resources were distributed to participants in attendance. A poster was on display with breast cancer awareness quotations ("Think Pink", "Fight Cancer with Knowledge", "Courage, Hope, Strength, & Love").
It is of noted interest and encouragement that Breast Cancer survival rates have increased and the number of deaths have declined, thanks to a number of factors such as earlier detection, new treatments, and a better understanding of the disease.
Soror Mary Getwood served as the chairperson and organizer of the Breast Cancer Awareness event. Soror Basileus Zeta Wise serves as the leader of the Port Arthur Epsilon Theta Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha, Sorority Inc.
- Port Arthur
- Longtime lawman memorialized at sub-courthouse
- PAISD: Attorney to hear appeals
- Kinlaw files for reelection to PAISD school board
- Avendano files to run for seat on school board
- "Step Right Up" to Circus Americana
- Ambroise files for PAISD school board
- PAISD partners with college
- Gumbo galore at Rotary event
- PA Friends of the Library to hold annual book sale
- Board approves non-renewal of PAISD teacher's contract
- More Port Arthur Headlines