The Port Arthur Epsilon Theta Omega chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha, Sorority Inc. held a Breast Cancer Awareness event on Oct. 18, at the Port Arthur Health Department.
Brochures, informational documents on breast cancer treatment, prevention, research, and education as well as web resources were distributed to participants in attendance. A poster was on display with breast cancer awareness quotations ("Think Pink", "Fight Cancer with Knowledge", "Courage, Hope, Strength, & Love").
It is of noted interest and encouragement that Breast Cancer survival rates have increased and the number of deaths have declined, thanks to a number of factors such as earlier detection, new treatments, and a better understanding of the disease.
Soror Mary Getwood served as the chairperson and organizer of the Breast Cancer Awareness event. Soror Basileus Zeta Wise serves as the leader of the Port Arthur Epsilon Theta Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha, Sorority Inc.
- Port Arthur
- Rather interesting
- 'Twilight' meets 'Phantom of the Opera'
- Families passing on passion of giving
- Holiday Express brings joy to thousands
- Man stabbed with barbecue fork on Thanksgiving Day
- Hospitality Center provides warmth, Thanksgiving meal
- Bargain hunters camp out for a good deal
- New museum curator enjoys complexities of history
- Holiday Express Train to roll into town Friday
- TEA to visit PAISD
- More Port Arthur Headlines