The Port Arthur Epsilon Theta Omega chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha, Sorority Inc. held a Breast Cancer Awareness event on Oct. 18, at the Port Arthur Health Department.
Brochures, informational documents on breast cancer treatment, prevention, research, and education as well as web resources were distributed to participants in attendance. A poster was on display with breast cancer awareness quotations ("Think Pink", "Fight Cancer with Knowledge", "Courage, Hope, Strength, & Love").
It is of noted interest and encouragement that Breast Cancer survival rates have increased and the number of deaths have declined, thanks to a number of factors such as earlier detection, new treatments, and a better understanding of the disease.
Soror Mary Getwood served as the chairperson and organizer of the Breast Cancer Awareness event. Soror Basileus Zeta Wise serves as the leader of the Port Arthur Epsilon Theta Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha, Sorority Inc.
- Port Arthur
- PA Library statue recovered at recycle business
- Andrews uses humor to describe path to success
- Mardi Gras' big night
- Medical Center of SETX debuts new mobile AngioScreen coach
- PA phases out consultant; Council nixes 12-month contract but agrees to pay Hall $8,500 per month through May
- Attic Crossing prepares to reopen
- Casmore weaves family heritage into her quilts
- Sharks, creatures of the deep come alive at Museum of the Gulf Coast
- PA students celebrate Tet
- Half-century couples
- More Port Arthur Headlines