- Local News
- Ned senior center closed by rain damage
Rodent nests just as dangerous as the animals
Two recent cases of hantavirus pulmonary syndrome have been reported in Texas Panhandle and South Plains residents, bringing this year’s total to three.
County on alert for mosquito-bourne viruses
Jefferson County Mosquito Control Division isn’t just a summer organization, but it is the county’s biggest defender against summer’s worst subseason — West Nile.
Jefferson County Mosquito Control combats summer pests
While most of us work diligently to limit our mosquito exposure, Kevin Sexton seeks the insects out. As director of the Jefferson County Mosquito Control Division, Sexton thrives on tracking — and eliminating — the local bloodsucker population.
- Global Partners, KCS to develop unit train crude oil terminal in PA
- Investigation into Chevron Phillips fire begins
- Nederland Police calls, June 16 through June 29
- Orange County shooting victim's name released
- Flash fire at Chevron Phillips in PA, injuries reported
Veolia to receive Syrian chemicals for destruction
Port Arthur’s Veolia plant is scheduled to begin the destruction and disposal project of five precursor chemicals from the Syrian Chemical Weapons Program by the end of the week.
- More Local News Headlines