GROVES — Groves Police responded to the following calls from Dec. 5 through Dec. 11
Wednesday, Dec. 5
• Officers responded to a call of three suspicious subjects in the 5000 block of Monroe. After checking the subjects, a 19-year-old female was arrested on Port Arthur Police Department warrants, and a 16-year-old male was arrested on a Jefferson County Probation warrant.
• A Garmin GPS valued at $200 was stolen from a vehicle in the 7000 block of Willow.
• Two Everlast deep cycle marine batteries valued at $150 were stolen from the 4100 block of Redbud.
• Two Christmas yard signs valued at $150 were stolen from the 2800 block of Rose.
• A local business in the 5000 block of Twin City Highway reported the theft of a comforter valued at approximately $60 that was placed on a sidewalk display outside the business.
• Two checks for more than $2,500 were reported as forged in the 5800 block of West Jefferson.
Thursday, Dec. 6
• No reports
Friday, Dec. 7
• A male driving a gold colored Mercury Sable struck another vehicle in the 5600 block of 39th Street and then left the scene. The driver was later located and cited.
Saturday, Dec. 8
• The driver of a 1992 Chevrolet truck crashed a vehicle in the 7000 block of 32nd Street and then fled the scene on foot.
• A 54-year-old male was arrested on parole warrants in the 3900 block of Pure Atlantic Road.
• A six gallon boat motor gas tank was stolen from the 6500 block of Washington.
• A Rottweiler running at large in the 6200 block of East Drive bit a man trying to catch it.
• A white gold diamond ring was stolen from the 3600 block of Main.
• A HP laptop computer was stolen from the 5500 block of Marion.
• Shoplifting was reported in the 3900 block of Pure Atlantic Road.
• A 19-year-old male was arrested for assault/family violence in the 3700 block of West Parkway.
Sunday, Dec. 9
• A purse and an Iphone were stolen from a vehicle parked in the 7200 block of Hayman.
• A 22-year-old male was arrested for public intoxication in the 5500 block of Marion.
• Medication was stolen from the 3800 block of Canal.
• Criminal mischief to a vehicle was reported in the 6700 block of 25th Street.
• A disturbance was reported in the 3000 block of South Drive.
• A 1995 Dodge truck was stolen from the 3800 block of Main.
Monday, Dec. 10
• A disturbance was reported in the 3100 block of Canal.
• A ladies’ wallet was stolen from a business in the 5000 block of Twin City Highway.
• A Pioneer CD player was stolen from a vehicle in the 2700 block of Royal.
• A stolen vehicle was recovered in the 3900 block of Gulfway Drive.
• An assault was reported in the 6400 block of Jefferson.
Tuesday, Dec. 11
• A disturbance was reported in the 7000 block of Terrell.
• A green 2003 Ford truck was stolen from the 5200 block of 39th Street.
• A criminal trespass warning notice was issued to a person in the 5000 block of Simpson.
• A bicyclist was struck by a vehicle in the 4800 block of Foster and then left the scene. The bicyclist was not injured.
• A female was reported to have entered a public building in the 3900 block of Cleveland and 4000 block of Grant and stole purses and cash out of wallets.
• Someone flattened a tire on a vehicle in the 6100 block of 25th Street.
• A 26-year-old male was arrested for driving while intoxicated in the 6000 block of 39th Street.
Miscellaneous calls for service assistance — 120
Offense reports filed — 43
Motor vehicle accidents investigated — 4
TIP OF THE WEEK
Theft and vandalism are crimes of opportunity. By taking simple steps like closing your garage door or locking your car, you can greatly reduce your chances of becoming a victim.
SOURCE: Groves Police Department offense reports