The Port Arthur News
Groves Police responded to the following calls from Oct. 9 through Oct. 15
Wednesday, Oct. 9
• A 24-year-old female was arrested on outstanding Port Arthur Police Department warrants in the 3800 block of Main Avenue.
Thursday, Oct. 10
• Three people were arrested for possession or injection of certain prohibited substances, Groves warrants and fail to identify after a traffic stop in the 2900 block of Cooley.
• Two people were arrested for public intoxication, fail to identify and warrants after a disturbance call in the 6300 block of 32nd Street.
• Theft of prescription medication was reported by a citizen in the 5000 block of Woodlawn.
• The owner of a local business in the 5100 block of West Parkway reported the forgery of several payroll checks all totaling more than $2,300.
• Theft of copper valued at $500 was reported by a resident in the 6600 block of Terrell.
• Information about a telephone scam was reported. The victim reported that he received a telephone call from someone whom he believed to be his grandson that needed money wired to him. The victim then wired money but then became suspicious about the call and was able to get his money back.
Friday, Oct. 11
• Criminal mischief to a vehicle was reported in the 2600 block of Fourth Avenue.
• Attempted burglary of a habitation was reported in the 4400 block of Boyd.
• A welding machine and fishing equipment were stolen from a building in the 3600 block of Pure Atlantic Highway.
• Officers were called to the 5300 block of 33rd Street in reference to a disturbance. Two people were subsequently arrested for possession of a controlled substance.
Saturday, Oct. 12
• A 23-year-old male was arrested for driving while intoxicated in the 5400 block of North.
• Criminal mischief to a vehicle was reported in the 5100 block of Wilson.
• A diamond ring was stolen from the 5400 block of Baird.
• An assault was reported in the 5400 block of Gulfway Drive.
Sunday, Oct. 13
• Fishing equipment was stolen from a boat parked in the 6200 block of Willis.
• Fishing equipment was stolen from the 6500 block of Val.
Monday, Oct. 14
• Burglary of a vehicle was reported in the 3600 block of Canal.
• A window on a vehicle in the 3800 block of Hayes was broken out to gain entry. A black plastic clipboard was stolen.
• A 32-year-old male was arrested for public intoxication in the 2500 block of Taft.
• A Tom Tom GPS was stolen from a vehicle in the 3800 block of Canal.
• A 35-year-old male was arrested on outstanding Jefferson County warrants in the 3500 block of Canal.
• A criminal trespass warning notice was issued in the 6200 block of Warren.
• An assault was reported in the 4500 block of Twin City Highway.
• An assault was reported in the 3100 block of Taft.
Tuesday, Oct. 15
• An investigation was conducted in reference to a young child being left alone in a vehicle parked in the 5000 block of 32nd Street. The child was not harmed and Child Protective Services was notified.
• Two people were arrested for assault/family violence in the 2000 block of Orange Acres.
• Identity theft was reported after an unknown person attempted to open a credit card account in the victim’s name.
• A 25-year-old male was arrested for driving while intoxicated in the 6200 block of Monroe.
• A disturbance was reported in the 6600 block of Val.
• A disturbance was reported in the 4600 block of Boyd.
Miscellaneous calls for service assistance — 149
Offense reports filed — 41
Motor vehicle accidents investigated — 4
TIP OF THE WEEK
If a child doesn’t want to be around a certain adult make sure to find out why. The adult may be acting in an inappropriate manner.
SOURCE: Groves Police Department offense reports