The Port Arthur News
The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality has issued an Ozone Action Day for the Beaumont-Port Arthur Area Friday, Aug. 30.
Weather conditions are expected to be favorable for producing high levels of ozone pollution. Voluntary action is needed by residents of Hardin, Jefferson and Orange Counties to help reduce air pollution emissions and help prevent ozone formation.
To Reduce Ozone Pollution, You Are Urged to...
• Minimize personal and fleet vehicle mileage
• Take your lunch to work or school
• Share a ride to work or school
• Walk or ride a bicycle
• Combine errands into one trip
• Avoid drive-though lanes
• Refuel vehicles after 6 p.m.
• Keep vehicles properly tuned
• Keep tires properly inflated
• Wait until after 6 p.m. to mow the lawn