Water safety tips
• Watch kids around the water at all times
• Never leave small children alone near water inside or outside the house. This includes pools, lakes, bathtubs and even toilets
• Never leave a baby alone for a bath for any reason. Get what you need before you start and take the baby with you if you leave.
• Warn baby-sitters or caregivers that young children need constant supervision near water.
• Make sure toddlers can’t slip out of the house and get to pools or hot tubs.
• Secure swimming pools with fences and self-closing and latching gates.
• Don’t leave toys in or near water where they may attract a small child.
• Don’t assume young children will use good judgment around water.
• Be ready for emergencies. Learn CPR and keep emergency phone numbers handy.
• Find out if your child’s friends or neighbors have pools and know these safety tips.
Water safety tips
- Local News
Port Arthur fishing hole claims another drowning victim
After another drowning accident at Keith Lake cut, the small channel where the lake runs under the bridge, Saturday, the popular fishing hole is starting to gain a different reputation. Fishermen know that if they fall in the water, there’s a good chance they’ll be leaving in a body bag.
- PA water line being repaired; pressure problems continue
- Forecasters eye system in Central Atlantic
- Phone system down at PA News
- Hotel blaze believed deliberately set
- ZeoGas looking at other locations favorably
- Man dies in strong current at Keith Lake
- Competition fierce for industrial projects, jobs
- Boil water notice issued for part of PA
Map shows rainfall totals through noon
The National Weather Service in Lake Charles is continuing the flash flood watch for the entire region this afternoon, but it could be removed later today for east Texas and central Louisiana. Heavy rains today have produced 5-10 inches of rain across southeast Texas, 3-6 inches across southwest and south central Louisiana, and 1-3 inches in east Texas and central Louisiana.
- More Local News Headlines
- Port Arthur fishing hole claims another drowning victim