The Port Arthur News
PORT ARTHUR —
Port Arthur Police responded to the following calls from Sept. 18 through Sept. 24
Tuesday, Sept. 18
• A small icebox, 6-foot rod and reel and weedeater were stolen from a building in the 900 block of 15th Street.
• A purse was stolen from a vehicle in the 5900 block of Ninth Avenue.
• A person was arrested for possession of a controlled substance, crack cocaine, in the 3600 block of Gulfway Drive.
• Theft of metal was reported at Club Swagga, 427 Procter St.
• A 19-inch LCD TV was stolen from a home in the 3300 block of 19th Street.
• Assault/family violence was reported at Willow Lakes Apartments, 2555 95th St.
• Assault/family violence was reported in the 2500 block of Gulfway Drive.
• Two people were arrested for theft at Target, 3100 FM 365.
• Felony criminal mischief to a vehicle was reported in the 4000 block of Fifth Street.
• Four vehicles were burglarized and damaged at Allen Samuels car lot, 8181 Memorial Blvd.
Wednesday, Sept. 19
• A person was arrested for burglary of a habitation in the 3600 block of Third Avenue.
• Two Tracfone Android cell phones, a T-Mobile Sparq cell phone, three Boost Mobile Sanyo Juno cell phones and two GPX home music system, boom box stereos, were stolen from Family Dollar, 230 Gilham Circle.
• Assault/family violence was reported in the 3400 block of 19th Street.
• Two 32-inch Vizio plasma flat screen TV’s were stolen from a home in the 2300 block of Fifth Avenue.
• Between $500 to $1,000 worth of assorted jewelry and between $300 to $500 in assorted change was stolen from a home in the 7900 block of Friar Point Drive.
• A home in the 1000 block of 17th Street was burglarized.
• Food and a DVD player were stolen from a home in the 3300 block of 20th Street.
• A Bissell upright vacuum was stolen from Walmart, 4999 Twin City Hwy. The suspect, who fled the scene, had been previously trespass warned by an officer regarding the location.
Thursday, Sept. 20
• A person was arrested for failure to identify at Driftwood Inn, 3700 block of Memorial Boulevard.
• Metal theft was reported at Puffer Sweiven/EPI, 600 FM 365.
• Metal theft was reported at OMI Environmental Solutions, 8725 Industrial Circle.
Friday, Sept. 21
• A person driving with no seat belt and expired vehicle registration was arrested for possession of a controlled substance, 146 Xanax pills, and possession of marijuana, 49.84 grams, at Southwood Crossing Apartments, 3901 Texas 73.
• A Pulan weedeater, Murry self-propelled lawnmower with Briggs and Stratton motor and cotton candy maker still inside the box were stolen from a building in the 200 block of Eighth Street.
• A person was arrested for driving while intoxicated after a traffic accident in the 6700 block of Procter Street Extension.
Saturday, Sept. 22
• A runaway was reported in the 3400 block of 19th Street.
• Aggravated robbery was reported near the 1700 block of Second Avenue. The victim was brought to Renaissance Hospital by private vehicle and later transferred to Christus Hospital-St. Elizabeth in Beaumont for treatment.
• A juvenile was arrested for burglary of a habitation/evading arrest in the 4400 block of Indian Falls Drive. The stolen items were later recovered.
• A registration sticker was stolen from a vehicle in the 3000 block of 23rd Street.
• All four tires and wheels of a vehicle was stolen on a repossessed car at H&H Motor Company, 3001 Gulfway Drive.
• A person was arrested for driving while intoxicated in the 3800 block of FM 365.
Sunday, Sept. 23
• A person was arrested for driving while intoxicated in the 3700 block of FM 365 after officers located the vehicle in a ditch.
• Reckless damage was reported in the 2700 block of Lakeshore Drive.
• A juvenile was arrested for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon/family violence in the 3800 block of Lakeshore Drive.
• Injury to a child was reported at Stonegate manor Apartments, 4139 Turtle Creek Drive.
• Two bottles of cologne, two Dewalt grinders, two Craftsman wrench sets, Ryobi table saw and a Skilsaw were stolen from a home in the 2300 block of Sixth Avenue.
• Criminal mischief to a vehicle was reported at The Shire Apartments, 4080 FM 365 after the rear window of a truck was shattered by a BB gun.
• Assault/family violence was reported in the 4700 block of Redbird Street.
• Assault/family violence was reported at Rampart Apartments, 1704 Village East.
Monday, Sept. 24
• A person was arrested for driving while intoxicated/open alcohol container in the 2500 block of Jimmy Johnson Boulevard.
• A person was arrested for failure to identify/giving false information in the 3000 block of Eighth Street.
• A person was arrested for criminal trespass at Lamar State College-Port Arthur, 1048 Lakeshore Drive.
• A Boost cell phone was stolen from Target, 3100 FM 365.
• A wallet was stolen from a residence at Heatherbrook Apartments, 8020 Heatherbrook Trail.
• A 32-inch Vizio flat screen TV was stolen from Walmart, 4999 Twin City Hwy.
• A person was arrested for driving while intoxicated in the 10000 block of Memorial Boulevard.
• Deadly conduct/evading arrest for reported after two men were reportedly walking down the 400 block of West 15th Street shooting a gun in multiple directions. The men fled on foot and police recovered two Federal brand .38 special model expended shell casings.
• A person was arrested for assault/family violence in the 3900 block of Seventh Avenue.
SOURCE: Port Arthur Police Department offense reports