GROVES — Groves Police responded to the following calls from Sept. 25 through Oct. 1
Wednesday, Sept. 25
• An 18-year-old male was arrested for outstanding Port Arthur Police Department warrants after a traffic stop in the 4700 block of Twin City Highway.
• A recycling container was reported stolen from a business in the 5000 block of Twin City Highway, the container was recovered in another city.
• Officers answered a disturbance call in the 5700 block of Georgia, upon investigation a 28-year-old male was arrested on outstanding City of Port Arthur warrants.
• Debit card abuse was reported, without consent at more than $200 was charged at a local business.
Thursday, Sept. 26
• Disturbance was reported in the 2600 block of Twin City Highway.
• A local business in the 5000 block of Twin City Highway reported the theft of two life proof black cell phone covers valued at $80 and a monitor cable valued at $20.
• A Stihl orange and white weed eater, orange Echo edger, Echo orange and black blower, Dewalt tool set, power drill and nail gun, valued at more than $2,000, were stolen from a home in the 6000 block of Smith.
• Theft of a bicycle valued at $49 was reported in the 6100 block of 39th Street.
• While on routine patrol in the 6400 block of Gulfway Drive, an officer stopped a vehicle for a traffic violation and upon checking the driver, the 35-year-old male was arrested on outstanding Justice of the Peace warrants.
• A Toshiba laptop, valued at $1,200, Sony Sound Box, valued at $400 and a Sony Bravo 52-inch flat screen TV, valued at $800, were stolen from a home in the 5300 block of Gulfway Drive.
Friday, Sept. 27
• A radar detector and a GPS unit were stolen from a vehicle parked in the 6300 block of Garner.
• A possible financial scam was reported in the 5100 block of West Parkway.
Saturday, Sept. 28
• A 25-year-old female was arrested for outstanding Groves warrants and possession of marijuana after a traffic stop in the 5100 block of 25th Street.
• A 28-year-old male was arrested for evading arrest/detention and fail to identify in the 3200 block of East Parkway.
• A Stihl weed eater and gasoline were stolen from the 5400 block of Mockingbird.
• The attempted burglary of a residence was reported in the 2700 block of Boyd.
• An assault was reported in the 6200 block of Willis.
Sunday, Sept. 29
• A 54-year-old female was arrested on outstanding Port Arthur Police Department warrants in the 5700 block of Hogaboom.
• A 44-year-old female was arrested for public intoxication in the 6900 block of 32nd Street.
• Someone broke a window of an apartment to gain entry in the 5800 block of West Jefferson.
• City ordinance violations were reported in the 5700 block of Hogaboom.
• A 30-year-old male was arrested on warrants out of Wharton County in the 6400 block of Warren.
Monday, Sept. 30
• A 31-year-old male was arrested for public intoxication in the 6300 block of Monroe.
• A 47-year-old male was arrested for Port Arthur Police Department warrants and a 26-year-old female were arrested for Interfere With public duties after officers were called to a disturbance in the 6300 block of 32nd Street.
• The report of threats were made.
• A 43-year-old female was arrested for public intoxication in the 6300 block of 32nd Street.
Tuesday, Oct. 1
• Copper wiring was stolen from a house in the 3700 block of Stuart.
Miscellaneous calls for service assistance — 104
Offense reports filed — 33
Motor vehicle accidents investigated — 2
TIP OF THE WEEK
Using a cell phone while driving, whether it’s hand-held or hands-free, delays a driver's reactions as much as having a blood alcohol concentration at the limit of .08 percent.
SOURCE: Groves Police Department offense reports