The Port Arthur News
Groves Police responded to the following calls from Dec. 26 through Jan. 1
Wednesday, Dec. 26
• A city of Groves garbage can was stolen from the 7200 block of Leonard Street.
• A 26-year-old female was arrested for public intoxication in the 4400 block of Twin City Highway.
Thursday, Dec. 27
• Unauthorized charges were made to a debit card account.
• A 32-inch TV and a surround sound system was stolen from a travel trailer in the 6700 block of Gulfway Drive.
• A criminal trespass warning notice was issued to a person in the 3800 block of Main Avenue.
Friday, Dec. 28
• A purse was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 6000 block of 39th Street.
Saturday, Dec. 29
• A 17-year-old male was arrested for possession of marijuana in the 4000 block of Pure Atlantic Road after a traffic stop.
• A 30-year-old male was arrested for public intoxication after a disturbance call was made in the 5400 block of Mockingbird.
• A smoke bomb was set off in the 5500 block of Kent Avenue causing breathing difficulties for the resident.
Sunday, Dec. 30
• A 20-year-old male was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol after a traffic stop in the 6300 block of 32nd Street.
Monday, Dec. 31
• A glass door to a business in the 5100 block of Twin City Highway was broken and a Casio cash register, cash and two gum ball machines were stolen.
• Identity theft was reported after someone opened a credit card account without the victim’s knowledge.
Tuesday, Jan. 1
• A 47-year-old male was arrested for driving while intoxicated with child under 15 years of age in the 4800 block of Twin City Highway.
Miscellaneous calls for service assistance — 135
Offense reports filed — 19
Motor vehicle accidents investigated — None
TIP OF THE WEEK
Get a copy of your own credit report every six months and check it to make sure there aren't any credit card or checking accounts you didn't open.
SOURCE: Groves Police Department offense reports