The Port Arthur News
Groves Police responded to the following calls from Sept. 18 through Sept. 24
Wednesday, Sept. 18
• An assault was reported in the 5000 block of East Parkway.
• A City of Groves garbage can was stolen from the 2600 block of Pearl.
• Several household items, including furniture, TV, Playstation III and a .223/.22 Hornet rifle were stolen.
• Household items were stolen from a storage building in the 4300 block of North Link.
• A cell phone and a Samsung laptop computer were stolen in the 6400 block of Dave.
• A 25 year old male was arrested on outstanding Port Arthur Police Department warrants after a traffic stop in the 6000 block of 39th Street.
Thursday, Sept. 19
• Air conditioning equipment was stolen from the 5200 block of Twin City Highway.
• A stolen vehicle was recovered in the 6100 block of Garner.
• A forged check was passed in the 6800 block of 25th Street.
• An assault was reported in the 7000 block of Oakdale.
Friday, Sept. 20
• A 30 year old male was arrested for assault in the 3100 block of Eugenia.
• A 23-year-old male driver was arrested for traffic violations and a 23-year-old male passenger was arrested for public intoxication in the 6000 block of 39th Street.
• Criminal mischief to a vehicle windshield was reported in the 5900 block of Sonnier.
• Criminal trespass was reported in the 5500 block of Sonnier.
• Two minors were found in possession of tobacco in the 6200 block of Jackson.
Saturday, Sept. 21
• A vehicle traveling in the 2600 block of East Parkway struck a light pole and then fled the scene.
• A 39-year-old female was arrested for public intoxication in the 5300 block of Wilson.
• A 34-year-old male was arrested on outstanding Port Neches Police Department warrants 6000 block of 39th Street.
• A criminal trespass warning notice was issued in the 5000 block of 32nd Street.
• A theft was reported in the 3800 block of Main.
• The report of telephone harassment was made.
Sunday, Sept. 22
• A 39-year-old male was arrested for assault in the 6100 block of 25th Street.
• A disturbance was reported in the 4100 block of Redwood.
Monday, Sept. 23
• Burglary of a black 2008 Jeep Cherokee in the 5000 block of Monroe in which theft of miscellaneous clothing was reported.
• Theft from rental property was reported in the 5200 block of 25th Street, taken were three ceiling fans valued at $375 and a chandelier valued at $100.
• A resident in the 2300 block of Post Oak reported that unauthorized charges were taken from a debit account of more than $1,600 from unknown actor online.
• A resident in the 6500 block of Howe reported the theft of a predator pool stick.
• A 34-year-old female was arrested in the 2600 block of Twin City Highway for possession of controlled substances.
Tuesday, Sept. 24
• Two males driving a blue truck reportedly stole two tire rims in the 6900 block of Howe.
• Burglary of a vehicle was reported in the 7100 block of Terrell.
• A 52-year-old male was arrested on outstanding Groves Police Department warrants after a traffic stop in the 2300 block of Owens.
• An assault was reported in the 6400 block of Warren.
Miscellaneous calls for service assistance — 132
Offense reports filed — 38
Motor vehicle accidents investigated — 6
TIP OF THE WEEK
When a school bus stops and flashes red lights, traffic approaching from either direction must stop before reaching the bus and remained stopped until directed to proceed.
SOURCE: Groves Police Department offense reports