PORT ARTHUR — A 23 year-old man is dead following a motorcycle accident on Pleasure Island Sunday, March 2. The Port Arthur Police Department received a call at approximately 2:12 p.m. about a single-vehicle wreck in the 1000 block of North Levee Road on Pleasure Island in Port Arthur. Officers determined that the man was slowing his motorcycle to make a turn and apparently locked up his brakes, according to a PAPD press release. He was thrown from the bike and struck the pavement. The rider was transported by medical helicopter to St. Elizabeth Hospital, where he underwent surgery for a head injury. The rider later died from his injuries later Sunday evening. The rider’s name has yet to be released pending family notification.
- Local News
- Ned senior center closed by rain damage
- Ned fire chief looks to future in budget
- PACC approves city manager profile
- Big projects ahead for Ned parks and rec
- PA water line being repaired; pressure problems continue
Port Arthur fishing hole claims another drowning victim
After another drowning accident at Keith Lake cut, the small channel where the lake runs under the bridge, Saturday, the popular fishing hole is starting to gain a different reputation. Fishermen know that if they fall in the water, there’s a good chance they’ll be leaving in a body bag.
- Forecasters eye system in Central Atlantic
- Hotel blaze believed deliberately set
- ZeoGas looking at other locations favorably
- Man dies in strong current at Keith Lake
- More Local News Headlines