Southeast Texans opened their hearts and welcomed home a hero on Friday
U.S. Marine Sgt. Joshua Yarbrough, 26, returned home after recuperating from his injuries and was greeted to a parade of well wishers.
- Local News
Port Arthur fishing hole claims another drowning victim
After another drowning accident at Keith Lake cut, the small channel where the lake runs under the bridge, Saturday, the popular fishing hole is starting to gain a different reputation. Fishermen know that if they fall in the water, there’s a good chance they’ll be leaving in a body bag.
- PA water line being repaired; pressure problems continue
- Forecasters eye system in Central Atlantic
- Phone system down at PA News
- Hotel blaze believed deliberately set
- ZeoGas looking at other locations favorably
- Man dies in strong current at Keith Lake
- Competition fierce for industrial projects, jobs
- Boil water notice issued for part of PA
Map shows rainfall totals through noon
The National Weather Service in Lake Charles is continuing the flash flood watch for the entire region this afternoon, but it could be removed later today for east Texas and central Louisiana. Heavy rains today have produced 5-10 inches of rain across southeast Texas, 3-6 inches across southwest and south central Louisiana, and 1-3 inches in east Texas and central Louisiana.
- More Local News Headlines
- Port Arthur fishing hole claims another drowning victim